PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 11-21-2016, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Crucero Canarias in 1/400

Dear All:
No, this is not a vintage model or not so much, printed in 2006 by Papel3D of Spain. I received this model some time ago, but since the Baleares and the Canarias have been featured recently by Thumb Dog in his thread I think is worth to review it.

https://www.papel3d.com/es/marina-es...ecortable.html

The model features the Canarias after her refit in the 50's(?). The original class are close cousins of the British County Class, which included the HMS Norfolk.

The model has 621 pieces and is ranked as intermediate level of difficulty. Graphics are comparable to the later JSC productions, which to me are the industry standard for 1/400 scale models. It has plenty of explanatory diagrams. Instructions are in Spanish and English. The model is printed in eight A4 pages, of these two of them are in B&W devoted to the hull iner structure. The main model is printed in nice computer graphics, with the nice touch of printing both sides of the sheet when necessary. Main guns are a la Digital Navy with concentric truncated cones. For the main deck the designers chose not to put the usual parallel lines simulating planking.
The Canarias and the JSC Norfolk compared well, both at 480 mm. The graphics of the Norfolk are more than 20 years old while the Canarias is about 10 years old and are similar to the JSC Exeter.

Happy modeling!

Pablo

Ps: I can not wait for my Dedalo!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Crucero Canarias in 1/400-canarias-1.jpg   Crucero Canarias in 1/400-canarias-2.jpg   Crucero Canarias in 1/400-canarias-3.jpg   Crucero Canarias in 1/400-canarias-4.jpg   Crucero Canarias in 1/400-canarias-5.jpg  

Crucero Canarias in 1/400-canarias-6.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-21-2016, 09:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
will watch this one as never seen their models before and am awaiting delivery of their spanish carrier
Old 11-21-2016, 09:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, wireandpaper. Thanks for the heads up about the papel 3d Crucero Canarias. I hope your build will be easier than mine of the antique Baleares. Sometimes it's been two steps forward, and two steps back. But, I'm learning a lot.

I especially like the deck on your model of the Canarias. I think the ghost lines on the deck that show parts placement is superior to the white areas on the Norfolk's deck. I'm always running into parts that are too small to completely cover the white areas. Very frustrating.

I'm attaching the address of a Spanish modeling forum that shows an amazing Baleares in plastic. It looks like the builder, DEMONIO, rescued an old, abused, plastic hull of the Canarias class ships, and built a remarkable model on top of it. His research seems top notch, and viewing the model reveals the glaring discrepancies between my 80 year old Baleares and the actual ship. I join herky in looking forward to your build of the twin-stack Canarias.

Crucero Baleares 1/350

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Crucero Canarias in 1/400-baleares-stamp-2.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Dear Fellows:
Please don't hold your breath. While I want to complete my 1/400 collection, I still have issues of space (and time). So one of these days I just don't know the year.
By the way that Baleares in 1/350 "esta" incredible!!!
Pablo
Old 11-26-2016, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear Fellows:
Please don't hold your breath. While I want to complete my 1/400 collection, I still have issues of space (and time). So one of these days I just don't know the year.
By the way that Baleares in 1/350 "esta" incredible!!!
Pablo
let me know when your carrier arrives as i am awaiting it also.just checked out the site and they have a 30% off sale
Google Adsense