PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 01-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25

Hello all,

After completing the tractor portion of my Dragon Wagon a much needed break was in order. I wanted to build something that could go together rather quickly, something without so many parts and fine details, something that I could knock out in a relatively short time period (for me that's under a year), something that was NOT O.D. GREEN! From the start, I decided against doing a build thread since there are already a few excellent builds of this kit documented here on the forum.

My overall impression of this kit is very good. The most impressive thing about it, is how well all of the parts fit together. I don't recall one fit issue. There was however one instance of a part being printed in reverse on the page. By no means was this a deal breaker, in fact it was easily overcome by building it inside-out and then touching it up with a bit of paint. Really not that big of a deal.

My only comment for improvement regards the art work. The printing illustrates a vehicle that is very crisp and clean. It looks like it just rolled right out of the factory. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this and certainly no disrespect intended to the designer, but additional weathering and textures would take this kit to the next level. In hindsight, I suppose I could have added a bit of pastel chalk and a watercolor wash on my own but chose just to build it as is right out of the book.

I strongly recommend this kit, especially to someone who has not yet built an armor fighting vehicle and is considering one. It is well suited for the beginner to intermediate builder with a kit or two already under their belt.

Please enjoy the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0200.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0201.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0202.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0203.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0204.jpg  

Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0205.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0206.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0208.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0209.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0211.jpg  

Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0212.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0213.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0214.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0216.jpg   Pro-Model M3 Grant 1:25-pict0217.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2017, 10:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
very nice build well done