PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 04-03-2023, 09:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes

I placed a largish New Year's order on GPM.pl which included two airplane models from Polish Publisher Wir/Kel. I ordered these partly out of curiosity, as they are in 1/100 scale. Wir/Kel publishes most of their aircraft models in 1/50; most, if not all, of their aircraft catalog comes from the drafting board of Marek, if I'm not mistaken.

The two models are of WW1 aircraft, the Royal Aircraft Factory FE2b and the Oeffag Albatros D.III as built in Austria-Hungary.

The format is the usual; a foldout set of cardstock with construction diagrams and an aircraft information "file card" on one page. Due to the smaller scale, you get multiple models- 3 FE's and 4 D.III's. The FE's are an all-CDL aircraft, and two PC10-finished service machines, one with colorful markings and the "gooseneck" rear-firing Lewis gun. Of the 4 D.III's, two are post-war Polish (one being a Kosciusco Squadron machine) and two Austrian, with one of those being one of Brumkowski's all-red fighters.

I'll be sending one model of each airplane to my buddy Gixergs in the UK, building one as a gift for a Wings of Glory buddy here in Virginia, and retaining one for my own hangar.

Last edited by Wyvern; 04-03-2023 at 10:49 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 04-03-2023, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes

Photos of the models.
Attached Thumbnails
Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes-fe1.jpg   Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes-fe2.jpg   Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes-alb1.jpg   Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes-alb2.jpg   Wir Kel 1/100 Airplanes-alb3.jpg  

Old 04-03-2023, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Very nice! should keep you busy. Just read it right through, thank you my friend