PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Space Station Set - Human Habitats

For those who don't cruise the space geek regions - I've been working up the series of "real" space stations. The ISS is available as Alphonso's stunning version at AXM, or as a simpler model (the 8 and 4-foot ISS) in the downloads here and at the Lower Hudson Valley Challenger Center. Printing the 4-foot version at 50% (or close enough at 4 pages per sheet) gives you a more manageable model - the 2-foot ISS.

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-twofootiss.jpg

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-fg_shuttle_docked.jpg

The 2-foot ISS scale (1:165) happens to match the Fiddler's Green/Delta 7 Space shuttle. Bits to covert it to a (simple) open cargo bay are also posted in the download section.

Since the Russian ISS service module is an evolved Salyut - working up an easy Salyut was the first stage. It's posted in the downloads scaled at 1:80 to match the 4-foot ISS (I know, it's a weird scale - there's a reason for it but ... see the Big-ISS thread ... you can use the magic of printer scaling to reduce it as needed).

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-salyut6_model.jpg

The Skylab had to be a new design (with Ton's Apollo rescaled to fit) done in 1:165 scale to match the 2-foot ISS. It's also posted in the download section.

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-skylabv2.jpg

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-skylabatm_mount.jpg

Mir is on the to-do list, though if Alphonso is working one up I may back down (just can't compete with his skill). The Mir modules are basically the ISS Zvezda, Zarya, and Pirs modules - with a little devolution thrown in. We'll see where this one goes.

Yogi
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Eternal Member

Just to close the loop - the set of Salyut, Skylab, and Mir in 1:144 scale are up at Alfonso's AXM site. Free downloads under Historical Space Stations - quick diversions while he completes another beautiful ISS module.

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-mir.jpg

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-stationset.jpg

Yogi
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Very nice Yogi.
Thanks for the pictures mate. Nice to see what it should look like prior to any of my own attempts. lol

Cheers

Jim
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
If I'd started building this model at the same time the REAL, up in space, ISS was being built..........I'd still be working on the model........

Oh Wait, the real thing isn't finished either... I could do a real time construction of the beast!!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Eternal Member

Second Set

Destined for the planetarium displays - no truss on the ISS 'cause it wouldn't fit in the display case. Shouldn't be a problem with the BIG ISS hanging just over their heads with its 10-foot (3m) truss span ...

Space Station Set - Human Habitats-pb080012.jpg

Yogi

Small hands update - original set on display at the Emerald Coast Science Center still intact!
Google Adsense