PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Knife's Projects

Old 12-15-2013, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Cheap Photo Booth

Here's how I threw together a booth to take photos of my models. 3 foam boards and 2 sheets of craft paper make up the walls and floor. Overhead light illuminates the model while the front light is used to soften shadows and provide additional illuminated where needed. Total cost was under $5.

The model is Skyline Paper Models' DC-9. Jeremiah currently has the DC-9 in the liveries of Iberia, TWA, Continental, and Eastern Airlines available at paper models. I enjoyed building this model, and highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Cheap Photo Booth-s5000103.jpg   Cheap Photo Booth-s5000104.jpg   Cheap Photo Booth-img_5727.jpg   Cheap Photo Booth-img_5725.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
I've built two boxes using similar material with some additional pieces.
Post here: Tabletop studio

I use the t-pins to hold everything together and lighting from two sides to minimize shadows of the model.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife View Post
Here's how I threw together a booth to take photos of my models. 3 foam boards and 2 sheets of craft paper make up the walls and floor. Overhead light illuminates the model while the front light is used to soften shadows and provide additional illuminated where needed. Total cost was under $5.
Get some craft paper the same width as the box and a bit longer than the length of the box bottom from front to back plus the box back from bottom to top. Stick it in the box so there is a slight curve from the bottom and up the back. It eliminates the harsh line in the background and helps in reducing the shadows. White works good to reflect the light so a camera flash would not be needed in some cases. Black usually makes the shadows disappear. You can experiment with different colors.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Good suggestions all, thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Great booth and plane!.......Rich