PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 11-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
If I were to bring every "kit & Kabudle" I would need a semi truck:D
maybe 100 or so counting Micro Mini A/C.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
So what is the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob martin View Post
If I were to bring every "kit & Kabudle" I would need a semi truck:D
maybe 100 or so counting Micro Mini A/C.

Bring it all. If we only have a handfull it is not worth it. We are not in a contest to win any trophies.

I regularly enter as many as 10 or sometimes a few more at local IPMS contests just to show people that they can build good looking models in paper.

2 years ago I entered a collection of almost 70 1/72 scale plastic models in a contest.

Anyhow, if this does happen, I will bring 20 to 30 models easy. Quantity has a quality all of it own!

Isaac
Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
I suppose a fellow from Michigan could join up for this gathering. I will say now that I will attend, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Maybe not a truck load of models, but a dozen or so.

I would suggest April at the earliest, since the weather in WV, OH, and MI can be pretty nasty and unpredictable in March.

Cincinnati, OH. sounds nice, so does Louisville KY. Both have airports. Some good hotel/motel rates would be a big plus!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:28 AM

Got my vote for Cincinnati OH.:D I agree, April or after would be better. Any Theme?? I say if its paper anything....bring it
Koool
Old 11-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Hey!!How about Dayton OH?? Home of the Wright Brothers, and the Museum of the USAF @ Wright Patterson AFB. Been there, great museum and also tour of the Wright Bros. museum available!:D Not that far from Cincinnati either. about 40 or 50 miles. Wonder if the museum would be interested in sponsoring the event??

www.nationalmuseum.af.mil
Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2010, 11:10 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Well, as retired AF, the museum gets my vote!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Anything farther north than Cincy would be leave out folks in NC, AL, GA...maybe even TN...so I think maybe there or Lexington (hour and a half south on I-75) there is a tiny, tiny air museum there...but it is really small...and there is plenty of nice hotels/eateries/shopping for the wifes, etc. Who could come that is a supplier of paper models? Chris, do you have anything you could bring...plus what about the guy from papermodelstore.com...is he the ONLY US supplier of "paper" kits?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Let me say though that you could NOT beat Dayton, OH...truly the birthplace of flight...as the place...so many things to see and do there regarding aviation. But, let's not forget that though aviation is a huge part of paper modeling...it isn't the only genre...and so some of you could probably care less...haha :D
Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.71 MB
I am seriously considering it. Depends on when and where, so I could try to get the time off for work, if it's more than half a days drive from Dayton, Ohio.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Guys

Sounds like it is begining to form up. So between Lexinton, Cincinnati and Dayton will be good so far and with a good turn out.

Not sure how cooperative the AF museum will be, but it is a super venue for anything that has good military topics ( so planes, tanks, vehicles, fortresses, figures etc...... ).

Again, the point is not to have every person make it, rather keep it regional and manageable. May even make 2 or 3 midwest get together for other folks.

Isaac
Google Adsense