PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 11-05-2010, 04:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's great to see this event shaping up. Can't speak for the National Museum of the USAF, but the Army Heritage and Education Center has made papermodelers most welcome and our display here in Carlisle is now an annual event.

I would love to participate in this East/East Central event if the teaching schedule permits, but in any event, you sure have my good wishes.

Don
Old 11-05-2010, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Well, I agree that we can't get everyone in...just isn't feasible...so maybe we can have a NorthEastern Region and a SouthEastern region...Ky is in the middle so you can see my quandry...I just want everyone to come! Hahaha!!

If we have one of each I could see one event in Cincy or Dayton, then one in Knoxville or Chattanooga...even Atlanta wouldn't be too far south...

So if someone wants to branch off I won't be offended...I'll stay with the you either way...probably come to both even...haha
Old 11-09-2010, 05:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
Hey Guys & Gals, I just met a gentleman on one of the forums that lives about 5 minutes from the USAF Museum that offered to check out the museum for us. Here is a conversation we had.

Re: East Central Paper Modelers Convention
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob martin
Hey Steven, A few of us are trying to put together a East Central Paper Modelers Convention in Dayton OH. for April or May next year. We're wondering if the USAF Museum would be interested in us having us have it at the Museum. Seeing you are so close, would you be interested in helping out?? I just attended the International Paper Modelers Convention in Sterling VA. last month. It was really great. If your interested let me know.

Bob

I can certainly check into it. They do have regular events there, and it's possible to see if we can set up in one of their conference rooms, or possibly in the museum itself, (which would really be cool, and give us great exposure).

I will try to contact a friend who volunteers/works at the museum quite often.

Do we have someone that is heading up this planned convention?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Guys

I would be willing to assist. Just need names, and contact info. Also, I can help later with the set up.
Dayton is about 1 hour away for me.

I really would like to know why they will allow us to put up a display and not the local IPMS plastic folks?

In any case that would be a good venue as I said before.

Also, they have an elaborate useum store and maybe they or someone can sell some of the simpler Fiddler Green type kits ( maybe a demo as well ).

Isaac
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Tazman has a good point about rotating the location each year. First year Northeast Central second year Southeast Central. I might not be able to make Dayton but either Knoxville or Atlanta would be a snap.

Curt
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
I guess the first thing we need to find out is if the museum would allow us to do it there. Then we can see where the interest is and if we have enough people interested in having it there.

BTW. Thanks ISAAC, for offering you assistance as well.