PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 08-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Looks like your recovery is moving along Johnny. The tigers look great. Has it occurred to you that maybe the animals in Kei's photo are A3 size and that he photoshopped a pic of himself in there? <evil grin>
Old 08-11-2017, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Looks like your recovery is moving along Johnny. The tigers look great. Has it occurred to you that maybe the animals in Kei's photo are A3 size and that he photoshopped a pic of himself in there? <evil grin>
I've got an .mp4 video tour of the current expo shop that proves otherwise Elliott. I'd post it for all to see, but I've no idea how to post a vid clip here, and I can't find the url for where I downloaded it from. This is a still from his 2002 exo, but it's much bigger now.

I think that video is on YouTube and may be mentioned somewhere on here https://www.facebook.com/keicraft510/ but I can't find it. I ripped it using Jaksta when I: saw it, so I now only have the ripped mp4 file. Can it be posted here?

Last edited by JohnM; 08-11-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:12 PM

I found it ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Oa2S7eayA
Old 08-15-2017, 07:28 AM

A3 version of Leopard completed ...

Surprisingly, it's not just a recolored mirror image of the tiger. Many of the parts are similarly shaped but subtly different, and as you can see,the leopard is quite a bit smaller in stature too.

They are both exceptionally well designed, and were fun to build, with some quite unusual folds involved. I am well happy with the results and consider the not insubstantial cost well worth paying.

Now to start experimenting towards the 1:1 versions.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good. Those should keep the local stray cats interested.
Google Adsense
Old 08-15-2017, 07:57 AM

They are not big enough to bug the cats Doug, but they are by a window where they can see them. Even enlarged to A3 size the Tiger is still only 13" long. I reckon I'm gonna have to hit the A4 original with around 500% to get the required size, but first I'm gonna have to separate all the parts and even cut some in half to get them onto A3 sheets. 'cos that's the biggest size paper my printer can handle. Once I've got the first mock up done, It'll be off to the print shop to get it printed on cover-stock, as I don't think card-stock or Photo-paper will be strong enough to support the size.

And NO, I'm not gonna stuff it with toilet tissue. A good while back now I invested in a builder's foam filler gun. Just the job for these sort of figures, but I might have to incorporate an anus into the design in order to fill it.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Johnny, here is a program you might find helpful in making very large prints of pages.
PosteRazor

What it does is cut a large graphic up into many different pages and saves them as a pdf.

You could scan the parts of the tiger and leopard at a very high resolution then import the scans into your goto graphics program. You could then try enlarging the scans to get a very large graphic then save the large graphic and open it in PosteRazor to cut it up into multiple pages. You can select how much of an overlap you want between pages. There is a preview in the program showing how the graphic will be divided into the multiple pages. Sometimes you get a weird result like only a very small part showing on a page.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:32 PM

Cheers Doug. That looks to be well worth a try.