PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 06-21-2017, 08:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.08 MB
I'm many months late to this party, but I have a Tenso.com account. It's a Japanese shipping account that provides you with a Japanese address. The seller ships to them and they collect up the items you purchase - You can have them hold a shipment for up to 30 days to wait for multiple orders to arrive.

I've used it a couple times now to purchase books that are only available in Japan, also some music accessories. There's a fee, of course, but I haven't found it to be outrageous. Shipping rates are simply passed along to you.

They also have a buying service that's connected with them called Buyee. You can sign up for it through your Tenso.com account.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Clare
Old 06-22-2017, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by catopower View Post
I'm many months late to this party, but I have a Tenso.com account. It's a Japanese shipping account that provides you with a Japanese address. The seller ships to them and they collect up the items you purchase - You can have them hold a shipment for up to 30 days to wait for multiple orders to arrive.

I've used it a couple times now to purchase books that are only available in Japan, also some music accessories. There's a fee, of course, but I haven't found it to be outrageous. Shipping rates are simply passed along to you.

They also have a buying service that's connected with them called Buyee. You can sign up for it through your Tenso.com account.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Clare
Thanks for that info. We collect video games and consoles so I will check that out.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
I know someone who is editing an online modelbuilders magazines Japan. Do you want me to contact him?
Ab
Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
For me, all I'm really looking for is to purchase some KeiCraft Model animals, which to the best of my knowledge seem to be only available across the counter of this shop ... https://www.facebook.com/keicraft510/

All my requests to the shop or even direct to the Artist Kei ... Kei Craft‚̃z[ƒ€ƒy[ƒW ... have mostly been ignored or occasionally met with a flowery apologetic NO, accompanied with an invite to call into the shop any time I'm visiting Tokyo. Which with my age and infirmity is not a likely event.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 442.87 MB
John, Keicraft offers pre-printed kits through mail order, but only to Japanese addresses. The following Google translated link includes mail order details: https://translate.googleusercontent....PzBMO4QBuIRtBQ. If the link doesn't work try the Keicraft news site. On the top right you can find the mail order link below the Keicraft store link.
Maybe if you can use one of the services mentioned, they can buy the kits for you.
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2017, 02:40 PM

Thanks for that July1772. I've bookmarked it, and run a copy for my KeiCraft archive. I'm well aware that I'm looking at paid for printed kits here, not freebie downloads. We are looking at a commercial outlet and a professional artist here, and I appreciate that they are looking to make money, but until I stumbled upon the two catalog pages in a Google image search, I hadn't even been able to get a price list out of them. I guess that just leaves the Japanese address problem, but I've been trying to overcome that one for a few years now.

I'm not hard up and am happy to pay the price to get what I want ... I recently imported a (Non Pirated) Vardo kit from Russia where the p&p cost twice the price of the kit. For me, well worth the cost. (and I promise I will build it soon VK) The problem I've found with these "Forwarding Agents" is that unless you want to order at least £200 worth of goods at a time they just aren't interested. As a business proposition I can understand that, so somehow I need to make personal contact with a "friend" in Japan.

My son has a good friend who lives in Japan and is married to a Japanese girl. He visits my son (and usually us) once a year. Every year promises are made, but they always get forgotten. A mixed race pairing leads to a very complicated life for them, and I guess my modeling needs are soon pushed aside and forgotten as he always has family problems to sort out when he gets back.

The thing that I cannot get my head around is that much as this forum has a world wide following, there don't seem to be any active Japanese members. Or even any active members that visit Japan occasionally. I thought Japan was the HOME of paper modelling.

I still live in hope though. One day I WILL get that Tiger!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
I agree with John, as i traveled there on business mANY YEARS AGO AND FOUND IT HARD TO FIND PAPER MODELS ,ONLY A STORE IN jAPANTOWN,sf,USA, YEARS AGO MOST WERE PRINTED IN BOOKLET FORM ARE VERY RARE NOW, BUT AS TO MODELERS NO LUCK ON THIS FORUM,SORRY!!!!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I thought Japan was the HOME of paper modelling.
I always thought that was Czech
Old 06-22-2017, 04:31 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I thought Japan was the HOME of paper modelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
I always thought that was Czech
If you go by the numbers, we are the home for paper modeling.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-27-2017, 04:38 PM

Well the good news is that I have now received printed KeiCraft originals of the Tiger and the Jaguar. They are both two page A4 cards + A4 instruction sheet. I have scanned them in order to re-scale and I am currently (Very slowly) building A4, A5, and A6 versions side by side. I wanted to do an A3 version as well, but my A3 card stash is a bit buried for now.

I'll need to print off an A3 copy for my friendly but not so local Print shop to blow up to A2, but I suspect even that won't achieve the life-size that Kei has in the shop. Just where the heck am I gonna put a life size paper tiger anyways?

Doug (SCEtoAUX) put me on to a Guy called Atom in Japan. He ordered the models from KeiCraft and forwarded them on to me. Not a cheap exercise, but I've always said I wanted that Tiger at any price, so I've had to put my money where my mouth is so to speak. Garn, I can afford it ... Now I just hope these wobbly old fingers can hack the building OK. The A6 one is really testing me.