PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 03-11-2017, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
Hello, out there...

I used to live, until 2003, in Northern California and I seem to remember a meeting of paper modelers in the Los Angeles area. Is there still such a group in this neck of the woods?
Google Adsense
Old 03-19-2017, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Former Orange County resident. Don't remember any paper modelers group, but I know there are several members of the Orange County (a couple post on here some) IPMS that are paper modelers. Jim (can't remember his last name) that posts here is and lives up in your direction.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
The "Ship Modelers Association" of southern California has a few members who build in paper instead of the more traditional wood. The club has been in existence for over 40 years. They meet in Fullerton, 40 miles from Altadena, but given the horrors of LA area traffic that might be an impossible week night drive. I was a member a long time ago, they were a nice bunch of people, and probably still are. The members ranged from craft-persons who did everything with basic hand tools, to people with a shop full of machine tools. They put on a very impressive yearly show.
If you can, drop in on one of their meetings.
There also are model ship groups in San Diego and Ventura.