PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 08-23-2019, 07:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 24.26 MB
Anything Near Sydney ?

Any club or regular meetup in or near Sydney CBD ?
Google Adsense
Old 08-24-2019, 07:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I can't speak for Sydney but I'm from Melbourne and there's really not a lot of paper modelers here, but there's plenty of plastic clubs.

I found a facebook group for a local modeling club and after speaking to one of them attended one of their meetings, with a few of my models. They were blown away by the detail achieved in paper and invited me to join the club. They also encouraged me to enter my models in Model Expo, Australia's biggest plastic model event.

There's plenty of modeling clubs around, some of them are plastic purists and want nothing to do with paper but if you look around there will be groups that will be happy to have you, if you're lucky you'll find something close to you.

I'm going to another show next month, hosted by my model club and will be joining another paper modeler I met at the expo next year so we can promote this wonderful hobby of ours to the uneducated masses. He has a table full of model ships set up every year and blows people away when they find out his stuff is all made from paper. A couple of the guys in my model club are actually on the Model Expo committee and have said if enough of us paper guys show up they'll eventually give us our own category.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 08-29-2019, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.26 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffro View Post
I can't speak for Sydney but I'm from Melbourne and there's really not a lot of paper modelers here, but there's plenty of plastic clubs.

I found a facebook group for a local modeling club and after speaking to one of them attended one of their meetings, with a few of my models. They were blown away by the detail achieved in paper and invited me to join the club. They also encouraged me to enter my models in Model Expo, Australia's biggest plastic model event.

There's plenty of modeling clubs around, some of them are plastic purists and want nothing to do with paper but if you look around there will be groups that will be happy to have you, if you're lucky you'll find something close to you.

I'm going to another show next month, hosted by my model club and will be joining another paper modeler I met at the expo next year so we can promote this wonderful hobby of ours to the uneducated masses. He has a table full of model ships set up every year and blows people away when they find out his stuff is all made from paper. A couple of the guys in my model club are actually on the Model Expo committee and have said if enough of us paper guys show up they'll eventually give us our own category.
All the best for you guys. My own interest has been in trying to make figurines for wargames / boardgames. This is my most recent attempt:

Ghastly Lich of Parechesis