PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 11-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
This may be a bit late, but you may like to follow the example of the UK card modellers group. Tim may or may not know that he is a member just because he was at the Museum at the weekend. It's a very informal group- we meet on an irregular basis (When I remember to organise a dinner) and talk about any topic that comes up - not just card models.

So, what you do is go to the IPMS web site, find out where and when there will be an exhibition then call the organising club and ask if you can have some space - That's what I did for the Milton Keynes show and we have been welcomed back for the last 4 or 5 years. You should decide on a name because organisers are used to dealing with model clubs rather than individuals. Next advertise "your" show on the forum and hope others answer your call. Even if you only meet at one show a year, you will find loads to talk about.some of the people at the museum this weekend had never met but we still managed to leave with a smile ;-)

The advantage of using the IPMS is that all the organisation and adverising has been done for you and you don't have to hire a hall etc.... You also get comments like "This makes a change from all the plastic planes"

Blitzbob, I wish you good luck with a Kent club. You may have seen my emails about the recent show at the Museum of London - no one from Kent contacted me, and Kent is just a train ride from London........ well, a lot of it is !

Cheers
Mike
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
thanks for that mike, i'll go that route first of hiring a table, rather than a hall. one step at a time.

i will need to get cracking on generating some more models in order to avoid a rather empty looking table when i do get round to exhibit.

look forward to bumping into you some time. I'm down in London mid december so will check out your models a the museum of childhood.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 11-18-2010, 01:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 101.52 MB
hi
not a bad idea, i wish you luck and look forward to hearing how you get on. mike if your involved in putting on any thing in london & the southeast i'm interested.
bob
Old 11-18-2010, 04:52 AM

Hopefully you shouldn't have to pay for a table. At all the shows we've exhibited, exhibitors don't pay. Retailers are invited and as they are selling stuff, they pay and this goes towards the cost of the hall. Any profits go to a charity.

Cheers
Mike
Old 11-18-2010, 05:04 AM

Here's a list of IPMS events - if anyone wants to have a go at showing off their models, contact the nearest show. They can only say "no"

IPMS(UK) Events Diary

I have been thinking about the Southern Expo, but this is a two day event.

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 11-18-2010, 11:49 AM

Nearest for me is Birmingham in May which should work out nicely.

I'm not sure if I need to be a ipms member to exhibit, this forum has an affiliation of sorts with Ipms as a SIG, but I will ask the question of ipms brum.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 AM

Just realised - being a member of this forum, perhaps I can book a table under the title of Fine Scale Paper Modellers SIG (Midlands)?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
hey! hows this going? any luck recruiting some people for the FSPM UK? If not we have to try and poke a few poeple directly that may not look this far down
Chris
Old 12-28-2014, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.36 MB
I wouldn't mind being part of a UK club.. I live in the North east of UK. near Middlesbrough, so even as far as leeds or Newcastle would be ok for me.. are there any clubs up this way..?
Email : [email protected]
Old 09-12-2020, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 720.98 MB
Does anyone know if a UK club is up and running?

Regards,
Alan
Google Adsense