PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Fine Scale Paper Modelers > Looking For People or Clubs

Old 06-19-2010, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
UK club

Anyone in the Midlands of the Uk interested in starting up a paper model club?
Would like to work on models and eventually show them at local events

Robin
Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2010, 02:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Good idea. There are several forum members in your area. Will send you a PM.

It is however difficult to get spaces at model shows. I show mine alongside my local club.

Tim
Old 06-20-2010, 03:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
That sounds good to me Robin ..... there are a couple of us who live in Cannock who meet for coffee from time to time, and you're welcome to join us next time.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
I did think of exhibiting at this show:

R&DHTSG Model, Toy & Craft Show, Organised by Rugby & District Historic Transport Studies Group Supporting the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance

Saturday October 16th 2010, Rugby Thornfield Indoor Bowls Club, Bruce Williams Way, Rugby, CV22 5LL

Only problem I have is my slow build rate. Only finished one model this year :(. Damn work and family commitments, keep getting in the way.

Might be worth getting together for this one

Let me know I will send an application form off.

Tim
Old 06-20-2010, 04:13 PM

HI tim

thanks for the info. I came across ukpapermodels previously.

I've become aware of the Rugby show not long ago. I've got the form already from someone else so I'll have a think about attending. I agree it would be good to get together and share a table space, share costs too.

Making models is taking a long time for me too but I'll have an interesting mix for then I'm sure.

Cheers

Robin
Google Adsense
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 101.52 MB
how about a meet or club/group in the south east. ie kent?

bob
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM

Sounds good. although distance is a bit far for a meet for myself. I think you'll have to find out who's in your area for setting up a local meet/group in Kent area.

Setting up of a UK convention and a UK division of the FSPM is something I'm particularly keen on after I saw mention on another thread of setting up a convention, in particular to define the paper model judging rules/criteria.

Although that was aimed at USA convention that's got me thinking that a UK convention could be held if there's enough potential numbers. I've seen the odd USA convention held and have been quite envious that they've got a regular thing going on. I'll have to work on the convention idea.

As for setting up a local group, anyone have ideas on getting going?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
From my experience when I once joined the Royal Thai Air Force museum, the museum provided free cardmodel, euipments, tools, venue, food and drink for kids. Some sponsors provide extra support and rewards for kids who did good works. Paper models activity took hours to finish a model but need continuous attendance of the members. If there is a qualified trainer and appropriate educational environment, the members always join the training courses and return back almost every week.

I recommend that you should arrange good curricullum for them then this happiness enviornment will happen in UK.
Attached Thumbnails
UK club-000e051qx_j.jpg   UK club-003k051qx_j.jpg   UK club-28-20080217012052.jpg   UK club-59333_1563362413069_1505614047_31454727_3894910_n.jpg   UK club-dsc04197_resize_1226.jpg  

UK club-159255214540.jpg   UK club-159255214593.jpg   UK club-0007051qx_j.jpg   UK club-event2.jpg   UK club-g7117512-17.jpg  

Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 101.52 MB
I've put on other conventions and exhibitions. the cost can be very low. a local hall with a couple of traders and it cost nothing. lets stop looking at the u.s. for conventions, they tend to be way over the top. a hotel ot of season and if you can get ten or more booked in for a weekend the display hall comes free. and why all the rules? a display on the saturday, open to the public (paid Add) this covers some of the costs. get the press interested. a nice weekend get together of friends to display there models. what better way to pass a winter weekend.

bob
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzbob View Post
I've put on other conventions and exhibitions. the cost can be very low. a local hall with a couple of traders and it cost nothing. lets stop looking at the u.s. for conventions, they tend to be way over the top. a hotel ot of season and if you can get ten or more booked in for a weekend the display hall comes free. and why all the rules? a display on the saturday, open to the public (paid Add) this covers some of the costs. get the press interested. a nice weekend get together of friends to display there models. what better way to pass a winter weekend.

bob

I agreed with this idea.

I made several Premium Department store paper model show that attract hundred of visitors. Some participated in the paper model activity.

Not only low cost of expenses, but the participants will stay put for hourrrrrs
Google Adsense