PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   Marek Marathon (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/marek-marathon/)
-   -   1/144 Morane Saulnier AI- Belgium (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/marek-marathon/3160-1-144-morane-saulnier-ai-belgium.html)

Texman 05-02-2009 03:41 PM

1/144 Morane Saulnier AI- Belgium

3 Attachment(s)
Well, with the hold on the S-3's pending a revised forward fuselage, I have begun the MS AI for Chris, in 1/144 scale. Here are the first few pictures of the cockpit, albeit a little fuzzy in focus. The cockpit measures about 3/8 in/1 cm in length. And, yes, I did use all of the cockpit parts. Seatbelts, rudder pedals, control stick, etc. The instrument panel had the gauges enhanced with a little paint, just to give the appearance of something on it.

Ray

Leif Ohlsson 05-02-2009 03:46 PM

It just occurred to me that you work in nine (9!) times smaller scale than I do. Your models are 11 percent the size of mine.

That is a lot smaller.

- L.

Ashrunner 05-02-2009 03:58 PM

Amazing work in the small scale, Ray.

B-Manic 05-02-2009 05:02 PM

Looks great. Too tiny for my fumbling digits to attempt though.

cgutzmer 05-03-2009 05:41 PM

smaller!!! hopefully the pics will represent the model well.... never seen one at that size before!
Chris

Texman 05-03-2009 06:18 PM

Chris, the Aviatek Berg pics I sent are at 1/144 scale. It is the same one I won the contest category with. As well as Nobi's UH-1 pics I sent. They should work just fine. If you need me to change anything in the photography, let me know.

Ray

jimkrauzlis 05-03-2009 09:21 PM

Cool beans, Ray!

You do amazing work at this scale, always a treat to see. Jaw dropping work on that cockpit.:eek:

I am truly looking forward to seeing more on this build.

Cheers!
Jim

redhorse 05-03-2009 09:40 PM

I think I've only seen finished models from you before, Ray. This is really cool seeing in progress shots at this size. Incredible work!

Texman 05-04-2009 05:15 AM

Thanks for the kindness, one and all. Between the rain and some minor water incursions, a quasi rained out fest, and my boys baseball practices, not much
done this weekend. Hope to get some more done and posted in the next couple
of days.

- Jim (redhorse) - If my memory is correct, I think I have done 3 prior build threads, the Aviatek Berg (Marek), the Eindecker EIII (Modele Kartonowe) and the UH-1 (Nobi). These were over on Zealot (cardmodels.net in the day), and you may be correct about never having a build thread here. Hope to cure that for you!

Ray

Texman 05-07-2009 04:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And here is the current state of assembly. Got the fuselage together and the cockpit installed. I will have to trim the front side of the cockpit framework, but this is not a problem as it will not be visible.

The only part I have still to figure out, is finding a good paint match for the fuselage seams. Or, I may try the chalk method and try to blend it in.

Ray