PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Marek Marathon

Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Congratulations dan, I been out of work here for years in Ireland and no sign of getting one this side of 2012 going on what I have heard on the radio. a thousand job applications a week and a number of sorry we regret to inform you letters. Can get you feeling crap when you see them but when you see an email from a company you applied for have to open it and hope it has better wording. Really hope to see the words thanks for applying and your hired sunshine..
Old 08-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormax View Post
Congratulations dan, I been out of work here for years in Ireland and no sign of getting one this side of 2012 going on what I have heard on the radio. a thousand job applications a week and a number of sorry we regret to inform you letters. Can get you feeling crap when you see them but when you see an email from a company you applied for have to open it and hope it has better wording. Really hope to see the words thanks for applying and your hired sunshine..
I wish you luck. I kind of know how you feel - I was just sending resume's to Michigan companies and mostly wasn't hearing anything. It was fortuitous that I ran into this opportunity - a recruiter found my resume on the MI unemployment site and thought I'd be a good fit - a few interviews later and the company agreed!

Thanks for the congrats everybody! As far as modelling time Don, there is probably going to be a short time where I'll be working in Chicago during the week and coming home on weekends. During that time, I imagine I'll have some down time during the week that I'll be able to get some modelling done, but then none on the weekend. We'll see, I'm barely started making my lists of things that I have to do - so I know I'm going to be busy as heck for the next while. But it's a good thing - I finally am able to take my life off hold and start planning the future again, it feels so nice.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Aviation Moderator

Next update - still no modelling, but I have a start date! I'll be working starting September 8th!
I'll be in a residence hotel to start while my wife works in MI still. I am guessing that being alone in a new town with the family ~280 miles away will give me a bit of free time to work on models, we'll see. Either way it's going to be busy for the next few weeks getting ready, so I doubt I'll have time to keep up with everything on the site, let alone build anything. Feel free to send POTW suggestions, although I've got a few lined up in my head already
Old 08-21-2009, 10:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Nice to hear you have a start date, one less thing to worry about. At least you should be able to get home some weekends. Best of luck.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Congrats! Glad you found something
Chris
Old 12-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Aviation Moderator

Wow - hard to believe how long I've been barely active in both my modelling and forum activity. For what it's worth I found a job that I love and hope / expect to retire from. The bad thing is between long hours and Chicago traffic and raising a 4 1/2 year old, I have very little time for modelling and not really much time for internet forum browsing. So far none of my started models have been permanently stopped, and I've even got a couple other projects going, but nothing worth sharing with the group right now. Maybe once the new year settles out a bit I'll get a chance to do some modelling and post it up.

Anyway - just wasting a few minutes while writing employee performance reviews - so hi and happy holidays to anybody who cares. Miss talking to a few of you - feel free to drop me a private message or such
Old 12-25-2010, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Hi Dan. It is understandable that you have other things aking up your time just now. When you have the time and inclination to resume model building, I look forward to seeing the results. Meanwhile, all the best to you and your family.

I'll be in touch.

Don
Old 12-25-2010, 11:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Hi Dan,
I hear you...
Right now I have few builds going (in various stages) and I find myself unable to build anything for several weeks at a time. 24 hours in a day is way to little to handle two jobs, family and the hobby. Unfortunatelly for the hobby...
Build when you are able and post photos when you can - there is never enough Japanese planes being built
Old 10-15-2014, 08:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Hey Dan

Did you ever finish the Kikka?

I' getting ready to build the printed version by Answer .

Isaac
Old 10-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Aviation Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Hey Dan

Did you ever finish the Kikka?

I' getting ready to build the printed version by Answer .

Isaac
Sorry, I did not. I still have it in a tote on my hobby shelf. I'm in school now, so barely time to breathe - definitely no time for modelling. I will eventually get back to it but it will be a couple years.