PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Marek Marathon

Old 05-18-2009, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Marek Marathon: More about Marek

As many of you have discovered, Mr. Pacynski has produced a large number of models most of which share some common characteristics. I have all (I think) of his models that have been published in e-model form and wondered if the lack of instructions was a "feature" of this format only or of all of his products. To answer that question I purchased several of his 1:50 models in their original printed form.

Marek has had models published by a number of publishers (all Polish, I believe) in 1:50 and 1:33 scales. The 1:50s are concentrated in two series: Kartonowy Swiat and Kartonowa Encyklopedia Lotnictwa (KEL). The format is usually a single sheet folded in half or in fourths. The KEL subjects have a data card that can be cut out and collected to form an "encyclopedia" of your model collection. These two series are still generally available from several of the online stores for $2.00 to $5.00 - look for them under "Kartonowy Swiat" (sometimes as "Answer - Kartonowy Swiat") and KEL. For the record, the models in printed form have no more instructions than the e-model format. There are a number of models and/or color schemes in these two series that have never been published in electronic form, at least not to my knowledge.

I have never found any of his 1:33 scale models in printed form until recently. The first twenty or so were available in electronic form from Dewayne's site and soon will be from Chris' eCardmodels. Marek has had several models published by Answer in the last year and, most recently, is being published by Answer under the "MP Models" name. These models are much more detailed and have the "normal" amount of instructions as text and diagrams. The MP Model line has (or will have) a Lublin R-XIIID, Albatros C.XII, Bloch MB-152 (see electronic version at eCardmodels) and a PZL-62.

Hints and tips:
1. Part numbers in red usually mean laminate with 0.5-0.8mm card if not otherwise specified.
2. Keep a watch for the occasional part misnumbering or two parts with the same number.
3. I can recall an electronic model (1:50 but can't remember the specific one) that was missing a part. It was a right/left part so I just made a mirror copy of the one that was there but that had me scratching my head for awhile.
4. Some of the earlier 1:33 models are a bit rough around the edges and would have benefited from a vigorous beta build. Some of you have encountered this sort of thing on some of your builds. Please pass those along to Chris so we can get the problems fixed.

I hope this helps someone and I know the builds being done for the Marathon will improve the few models that have deficiencies. Thank you, Chris for kicking this craziness off - I could not have come up with a better contest myself. Which reminds me - I haven't sponsored a goofy contest in awhile - but that's the subject for a whole new thread...
Google Adsense
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks for all that info!

The 1:33 PZL P-50A Jastrzab is published by WAK.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:13 PM

For those who wish to pursue things a bit further - here is a partial list of Marek's print versions by various publishers...

Some models by Marek
Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Great stuff! Thanks
Chris
Old 05-18-2009, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very valuable info, Ron. Many thanks for sharing your research.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Nice write-up. I'm having to do some adjusting here and there on the Kikka because I laminated to 1mm
Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 PM

This was really interesting. Thanks a lot, Ron!

The MP Model line sounds interesting, a lot going on at Answer these days.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 32.37 MB
I know this is an old thread, but i started a Marek’s 1:50 Komet from ecardmodel and I'm running into issues. Anybody else built this model?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparent View Post
I know this is an old thread, but i started a Marek’s 1:50 Komet from ecardmodel and I'm running into issues. Anybody else built this model?
I have not yet built it, but have built several of his models. What issues are you having?