PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Marek Marathon

Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
This is turning into a real beauty. You're doing an incredible job on it!

A question for you too, what are you doing in your avatar? It looks like you are on a beautiful CA beach holding a tennis racket with a garbage bag on the top, lol. I realize we're all a bit crazy building these models but I can't imagine that's really what you're doing :p
Ray nailed it... I'm on the boardwalk in Venice sitting on the bike. I live a block up from the beach, so if I'm not working I'll usually go out everyday and take a 5 to 8 mile ride on my old beach cruiser. There's always something going on out here, so never lacking for live entertainment as anyone who's been here to Venice can vouch for. In the background is the Santa Monica Pier.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Great job, Peter, and some nifty tips.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royaloakmin View Post
Great job, Peter, and some nifty tips.
Thanks Fred... Have you seen the new Modelik trains???
Old 06-13-2009, 09:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Peter your work is fun to follow, so precise, is probably even more impressive in real life!( Now how about the Lexington....)
Old 06-13-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birder View Post
Peter your work is fun to follow, so precise, is probably even more impressive in real life!( Now how about the Lexington....)
Thanks Glen... I think I should finish up my "Nina" build before starting another ship.. though that "Lexington" does look tempting..
Google Adsense
Old 06-13-2009, 11:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Just saw them today. I think the Henschel is a improved reissue, the bn2t and the diesel are new. Jan Kolodiej is a great designer. All three look very interesting, my credit card is starting to itch...
Old 06-13-2009, 02:51 PM

inner cockpit skin

Well I've run into a little turbulence in the build.. Finding out that there's no way I can get the inner cockpit skin in with the way I originally built the cockpit interior. The bulkheads/formers have to go in separately with each fuselage section.. so I ended up removing the formers from the cockpit floor, leaving all the seats and other parts intact. Wasn't that difficult, though it would have been nice if I had foreseen this at the beginning.
These photos show the inner skin and the stringer/frames that you are suppose to use..

As I did not at all like the way these were looking as I cut them out, I decided to make my own stripes from a wood pattern sheet that I printed out.. Worked out fine IMO, and was faster and cleaner, and I think more realistic..

Old 06-13-2009, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks mighty fine to me. Can you expand a little on the assembly problem? I have a couple of the MPModel printed version and would like to avoid any stumbling blocks you discover.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Truly outstanding, Peter!

Don
Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
Looks mighty fine to me. Can you expand a little on the assembly problem? I have a couple of the MPModel printed version and would like to avoid any stumbling blocks you discover.
Ron.. In the beginning of the thread I built and glued all the formers and cockpit interior parts together. Would have worked out probably okay if I wasn't doing any inside skins. The outside skin & inner skin have to be put together first, and then the frames on either end.. Once these sections are completed, then you can slip the floor into place.. At least that's the plan, as I haven't finished enough forward fuselage sections to see if it'll work. Will post photos when I get to it.
Whats your take on the quality of the MPModel kits? I was think of "maybe" getting the "Lublin R-XIII D" from the PaperModel Store on my next buy.
Google Adsense