PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Marlab Miniboats Projects

Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Poll -CardCat X200 or CardCat X900 as Published Plans for RC Boat

Hi Folks

Originally, when I started the CardCat X200, it was the intention to release the plans as a .PDF. I left that idea behind when I progressed to the CardCat X900 because quite honestly the drawings were only suitable for internal consumption ..

Spurred on by questions and comments here, I have been considering the release of plans once again. I would use personal resources on cleaning up the drawings and releasing them for electronic sale and download from my publisher (yes I write books too, but not on boat building) if there was any interest.

The CardCat X200 is for all intents and purposes complete and tested yesterday (minus the hatch covers) and technical installation. The CardCat X900 is still under development but the hull will be finished and ready for testing within a week or two.

In both cases the technical installation is to be installed after the hull is complete. Instructions and drawings for the technical installation will be made available as an addendum to those who buy the plans for the boat and register with me. So will support during and after building.

So far so good. Development of the CardCat X900 is taking up the majority of my time, so I have to make the decision -

1) Clean up and publish plans for the CardCat X200.
2) Wait until the CardCat X900 is complete and the hull tested and release those only.
3) Wait until the CardCat X900 is complete and tested then publish plans for both the CardCat X200 and the CardCat X900.

So I am asking for your advice - which should it be ? A simple 1,2 or 3 is enough and constitutes nothing other than your opinion. I would have used a poll here to make it easier and anonymous but there does not seem to be a poll option on my section of the board if at all (note to moderators and admins). I hope you don't mind answering anyway, and PLEASE do - the "silent majority" approach won't help me make the decision at all.

Cheers
Gerry
Google Adsense
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi guys

Well a week went by and noone voted so the idea is dropped.

Cheers
Gerry