PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make > Metal Earth

Old 09-21-2015, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.18 MB
MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker

Got a couple of sets of these as a birthday present. Just finished the AT-AT Walker. It was much easier than the Halo UNSC Warthog. Working at a very leisurely pace, this took me about 4 hours.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1761.jpg   MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1762.jpg   MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1770.jpg   MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1771.jpg   MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1777.jpg  

MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1773.jpg   MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1778.jpg   MetalEarth's AT-AT Walker-img_1772.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2015, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
That looks great! I have a few of the aircraft and bridge models. Very fun stuff.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good. How did the eyeballs make out? Mine always need a vacation afterward.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Looks good. How did the eyeballs make out? Mine always need a vacation afterward.
Not bad. See the helping hands magnifying glass in the second picture? I believe I got that idea from you. Best modelling purchase I've ever made. Saves wear and tear on the old peepers.

Phil
Old 09-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Fantastic model. I never heard of it before. It looks like it's harder them paper as I am prone to making mistakes. You don't use a flip head lighted visor? I add two small light, one on each side. No, I'm not blind, I just want to see. I'm prone to screwing up from time to time. Beautiful model. Thank you very much for sharing this. wc
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
There ya go, another screw up and it wouldn't allow to remove it. Just like I said. wc
Old 09-22-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad Cutter View Post
Fantastic model. I never heard of it before. It looks like it's harder them paper as I am prone to making mistakes. You don't use a flip head lighted visor? I add two small light, one on each side. No, I'm not blind, I just want to see. I'm prone to screwing up from time to time. Beautiful model. Thank you very much for sharing this. wc

Thanks, Wadcutter. It's actually easier than paper models. The pieces are precision laser cut and have exceptional detail etched into them. The pieces are detached from a metal sheet and have tabs which can be inserted into slots and bent or twisted to create a firm joint. The main problem with these models is the fragility of the joints which can easily break if bent one too many times. The company makes beautiful models. We have a Metal Earth section here: Metal Earth - PaperModelers.com where you can see some of the models created by our very own members.

The company's website can be found here: https://www.fascinations.com/metalearth showcasing their entire catalog.

Phil
Old 09-23-2015, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjabraham View Post
Not bad. See the helping hands magnifying glass in the second picture? I believe I got that idea from you. Best modelling purchase I've ever made. Saves wear and tear on the old peepers.

Phil
Yeah, I remember that thing. Still use it sometimes. It does help with the eyes. An advantage it has over the flip up head visor is you don't have to flip it up to focus on objects further away from the work area. One of those head visors is used also sometimes. Guess it just depends on planetary alignment for which one is used.