PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Micro/Mini Contest

Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)

I got this Modelik MORRIS MK.I "RECCE" (6/10) for Xmas and thought why not. So I scanned it, converted to grayscale (urban camo?), and reduced by 50%.
I have completed the shell and most of the under carriage. Wheels next I think . . . more later.
Attached Thumbnails
Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-moris-okladka-600-0-.jpg   Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-moris-okladka-600-1-.jpg   Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-moris-okladka-600-2-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Looking good. It's not a big model in the first place.

Tim
Old 01-08-2011, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice work Douglas!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
What a treat to see this model, Douglas. Someday, I want to make an appearance in BC, Canadia, and see your collection of 1/48-1/50 military vehicles. Not to mention the ships and airplanes and sea stories and all the rest.

Don
Old 01-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
That undercarriage looks quite intricate. Not to mention delicate at that size. It's very impressive to a ham-fisted guy like myself.

Garland
Google Adsense
Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Thanks guys. It seems like a pretty straight forward build - other than the change in scale. There are some fit problems - nothing extraordinary though.

Don - If you were to find yourself in this part of the country you would be very welcome. I actually keep very few models, most of them find other homes. Many of them are on display as desk ornaments around the base and fleet. It is nice that others appreciate them enough to display them in this manner.

Garland - I am also very "ham fisted" but, a good set of tweezers and gel CA glue seem to help.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Some more pix to show progress. Some of the smaller parts lack definition at this scale and there were a few fit problems with the skin. The fit problems were gaps as you can see in the pictures. Overall it is proceeding OK though. I think I will tackle the front end steering and suspension next.
Attached Thumbnails
Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-morris-1.jpg   Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-morris-2.jpg   Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-morris-3.jpg   Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-morris-4.jpg   Micro-Mini - Morris Recce Car (mini entry)-morris-5.jpg  

Old 01-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 163.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Thanks guys. It seems like a pretty straight forward build - other than the change in scale. There are some fit problems - nothing extraordinary though.

Garland - I am also very "ham fisted" but, a good set of tweezers and gel CA glue seem to help.
Speaking of tweezers, my latest BusyBee Tools catalog just posted a sale on a set of 6 tweezers in different styles "ideal for the hobbyist", as they noted in the flyer. Might have to swing by and snag it. I seem to also suffer from porcinedigititis ;-)
Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
you guys don't actually believe b-manic do you?

you can see clearly, that he enlarged and printed a fake cutting mat
and assembled a large scale cube.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
I have the utmost faith in B-manic's integrity. Anyway, how could he get a cube that large?

I do admire the ability to work in small sizes. I tried putting together one of FG's postcard size models once, and botched it terribly. It was the Waldo Pepper Jenny, I think. My hat's off to those who have the patience and ability (even with tweezers) to produce such mini sizes.

Garland
Google Adsense