PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Micro/Mini Contest

Old 01-19-2011, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very creative work! I love the idea of such a small model of such a gigantic animal!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
beautiful work I look forward to seeing the big build.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos filipe View Post
...As i said in the begining, it is not pure paper...
Carlos: it's true that the name of this forum has "paper" in it. But it also has "modelers".
You have given us a good example of paper+modeling, or of modeling+paper, or whatever.

I believe most of us don't care a bit that it is not pure paper. Because it is great in its own.

Is beautiful, and great

Mr Taft, please consider this for POTW!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi:
first of all, thanks for sharing the site with the trouts. It really has some hints on how to create some interesting dioramas, although I would downsize the models. Actually it should make an escelent theme for the current contest.
As for what Rubén says I totally agree. I look first for the model, then to the technique to achieve my goal. But I have to be honest: i would love to achieve the quality of the works I see here just by folding (with minute precision) paper. I was just looking at the Vimy bomber of a fellow modeller (Chapuzas I believe) and I love what I see.
In my case I try to overcome my shortcomings and on the other hand I just go on doing what I used to do with plastic. Paper is just another media and to my surprise quite forgiving, although never had problems with plastic or other related itens...
Paper is cheaper (let's face it), is less messy, requires less tools and has a wider variety of themes.
I'm just eager to go to the next level, wich is design models. i forgot the little I knew of autocad 3D, but i have to master some other program more flexible.
There is also another thing with paper: people share. It is a little odd in the present world.
Rgds
Carlos