PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Micro/Mini Contest

Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)

I had printed a bunch of free airplane models thinking on entering this contest, but several things prevented me from building more than the Pyramids and the Fokker D.VII.

Yesterday I realized that time is running out, and if I wanted to build another model for this contest I had to choose only one, and make it fast.

The decision was very easy:

I chose my own very simple and easy Fokker Dr.1 (can be found at our forums download section, here).
If I only have one more chance, I better enter with a model I designed

The kit was reduced until an approximate scale of 1:400. This means the wingspan of the Fokker is about 18 mm.
Original size of the kit I designed is 1:33.

I soon realised that this could be entered in the "mini" category, since I used all the parts of the kit.

What is more, I even introduced two changes to the kit.
  • I originally designed the kith without machine guns. So I mocked the machine guns here.
  • The kit originally has a fixed propeller. This time I built it with a movable propeller.
It also has movable wheels as originally designed. Though this time I used metallic wire instead of paper for the undercarriage axle.

Here are photos of the build and the finished model.
Not exactly a beauty queen. But what the hell! It was pretty fun to build it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_01.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_02.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_03.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_04.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_05.jpg  

Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_06.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_07.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_10.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_11.jpg   Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_12.jpg  

Fokker Dr.1 1:400 (mini entry)-fdr1_mini_13.jpg  

Google Adsense