PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Mike Bauers Projects

Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I think a working V-2 might get Homeland Security taking much interest. But for some reason, ESTES comes into mind!
Attached Thumbnails
BUZZZZZZ Pulsejet Powered Paper Airplane Project-estes-v2.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post
Heh... Any time that these engineering-types (Zathros, you know who you are) start with all that technical mumbo-jumbo, I just glaze over. My poor little Historian's brain just can't cope with all that. Yes, I might have two graduate degrees, but I can't add in my head.

Oh, and I've had a thought... If it's possible to build a working scale V-1 of paper (as is being demonstrated here) wouldn't it be possible to build a working scale V-2 of paper as well? Just a thought.
Hi Lancer,

Yes, and no. Where can I get a small enough liquid rocket engine that uses hydrogen peroxide to power the turbine pump?

Sure NAR High Power has some liquid fuel engines, but 1500lbs of thrust might cause HI Max-Q issues.

It would be a Koooool project....

For now Stomp Rockets and eventually Estes power for some.

Will be doing the V2 as a Stomp Rocket sometime this month.

Besides this project, working ona Stomp version of Dr. Goddards 1st Liquid Fueled rocket, his L13 Series, and the Rocket Planes that were in the bidding competition against the winning X-15.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer525 View Post
Heh... Any time that these engineering-types (Zathros, you know who you are) start with all that technical mumbo-jumbo, I just glaze over. My poor little Historian's brain just can't cope with all that. Yes, I might have two graduate degrees, but I can't add in my head.

Oh, and I've had a thought... If it's possible to build a working scale V-1 of paper (as is being demonstrated here) wouldn't it be possible to build a working scale V-2 of paper as well? Just a thought.
Now is that a loaded question - Imagine one of those GOING FOR IT Worth a try !

Posted at the same time as you guys.... oh well cest lavie !
Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

This project is on hold for warmer weather. A few people have sent me emails asking about it.

With the cold temps here in Alaska, the propane is hard to work with. It is getting warmer, the sun is out more, so it won't be long before I show some updates.

Just a quick update explaining what/why it hasn't been finished.

To Everyone who has asked about it, and to Everyone who shows an interest by reading this thread. Thank You!

Soon real soon some updates!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Hi Everyone,

This project is on hold for warmer weather. A few people have sent me emails asking about it.

With the cold temps here in Alaska, the propane is hard to work with. It is getting warmer, the sun is out more, so it won't be long before I show some updates.

Just a quick update explaining what/why it hasn't been finished.

To Everyone who has asked about it, and to Everyone who shows an interest by reading this thread. Thank You!

Soon real soon some updates!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Looking forward to the up-dates Mike
Google Adsense
Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey Mike,

Seen some of your YouTube vids showing you hand tossing your larger carded gliders. Excellent to say the least! Now, if you got them up several hundred feet first....

Also, thanks again for your cardstock info tables. Flew and lost my 2" diameter cardstock/Depron Bomarc at the last launch....caught a pretty good thermal for this time of year.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 PM

Sucker For Lighter Weight/More Power

Just bought a new Pulsejet engine minutes ago. Have a totally new design with a "paint" scheme that kinda-fits the power source.

New engine link = Hobbyking Pulse Jet Gasoline Engine "Red Head" with Ignition System

I know it looks like stamped metal, welded seams are better, but the price is right; iincludes a starting system and engine mount, plus the fact that a small RC gasoline fuel tank is all that is needed. No more heavy propane tank....

Weighs 16.226 ounces [460 gm], but puts out 3.52 lb static thrust [1.6kg] means the plane I designed for the old engine, will work great.

Hopefully will have the plane built and ready for the engine mounting within a month (already have the plane printed and cut out), 1/2 scale version built for part fit and glide tests has been test flown glider style for stablity tests.

Mike