PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Mike Bauers Projects

Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstaff3 View Post
Hey Mike....any updates?
Yes, and no.

At work right now-so don't have access to photos for my parachute depolyment idea. Was going to wait until I launch it before updating. That way everyone can see the idea and if it works or not.

Haven't launched yet because I don't have a vehicle that will safely transport the rocket (10 ft long means it won't fit in the the trunk of my '97 Olds Aurora).

Been converting my drawings (airplanes and rockets) to common layernames and linetypes. Long explanation, so won't go there...

I did make a new Apollo/CSM using fancy photo paper (Silver Apollo and a white chrome metallic CSM) for display purposes. The flight version will be normal cardstock...

Mike
Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.58 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Yes, and no.

At work right now-so don't have access to photos for my parachute depolyment idea. Was going to wait until I launch it before updating. That way everyone can see the idea and if it works or not.

Haven't launched yet because I don't have a vehicle that will safely transport the rocket (10 ft long means it won't fit in the the trunk of my '97 Olds Aurora).

Been converting my drawings (airplanes and rockets) to common layernames and linetypes. Long explanation, so won't go there...

I did make a new Apollo/CSM using fancy photo paper (Silver Apollo and a white chrome metallic CSM) for display purposes. The flight version will be normal cardstock...

Mike
Yeah, I forget what it would take to transport such a big rocket. My two big rockets just barely fit in my Saturn Vue, with the arm rest area in the front seat used. Bet the display capsule looks great!