PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > mldixons projects

Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
The M/D-21 (The name of the compined aircraft) was kept so secret that my Dad, who worked on the Astral Navigation system for the SR-71, denied that there was a drone, until we saw one in the local air museum (The Blackbird program was very compartmentalized).
Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspacemike View Post
Your further along than I am. I currently did a test piece to check on the profile. I like this little drone because it is very aerodynamic. The initial test looks good, did it with typing paper. Should have used card stock, but this is just a test. I am using descriptive geometry (and trig) to figure all the curves and angles (old school). I will confirm with program in the next few days. Hope you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
The M/D-21 (The name of the compined aircraft) was kept so secret that my Dad, who worked on the Astral Navigation system for the SR-71, denied that there was a drone, until we saw one in the local air museum (The Blackbird program was very compartmentalized).
Looks good Mike but my idea of old school is the hand drawn map in the photos, I like math though...

Murphy I am completely blown away that this thing existed in 1960. I wonder what else we don't know about...

Photos of old school method of looking at the lines. I am working on Sneezy so this one is gonna sit for a few days...
Attached Thumbnails
Lockheed D-21 Drone 1:35 Scale-img_0111.jpg   Lockheed D-21 Drone 1:35 Scale-img_0112.jpg   Lockheed D-21 Drone 1:35 Scale-img_0113.jpg  
Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
nice work mldixon
any ida about the color u going to make?
all black?the version with the whit?or bouts?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Nice design. I believe it would make a great addition to B-52 should one someday be announced on the forums here.

I once saw a "Tagboard Flyer" patch on the side of a visiting Snake I drove by on my way to refuel another one and thought, "Hummm...must be an exercise of some type somewhere."

Now I know what it meant 8v)

Oddly enough, it was sitting next to a D model with a huge 2d AF emblem on its tail, which at the time (IIRC), was Barksdale AFB, Louisiana. Not long thereafter, Barksdale was reassigned to the 8th and headquarters was placed there. It was the only time I saw anything other than an H model B-52.