PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > mldixons projects

Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
On a personal note, my lovely bride of 45 years is a Louisville native, born and raised. She grew up in the Shively section of town and still visits there every spring.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashevilleangler View Post
Very nice work Mike. Is this your first stab at designing? It looks like you've got the process down to a T.

Curt
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTroll View Post
On a personal note, my lovely bride of 45 years is a Louisville native, born and raised. She grew up in the Shively section of town and still visits there every spring.
Ashevilleangler: Yes this is my first design and build of a paper model, been working with graphics and computers for a long time though. I wish I did have this down to a T, but alas it is only a model T.

Troll: Know the area well been living here all my life. Give me a call when you blow into town and well hook up drink beer and stare at paper models.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I've seen the real F-107 up close and personal, and it is a funky looking bird. Your's looks great.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I've seen the real F-107 up close and personal, and it is a funky looking bird. Your's looks great.
They got one in Dayton. Just up the road from me, I'm headed there to get a close up look at that SR 71 Drone and plan on getting a look at the dashboard of this plane while I am there. Will take pics and post when I get back. Glad you liked it. Great exterior pics of this plane at
F-107A (55-5118) Ultra Sabre Walk Around Page 1
Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
This is coming along nicely. But you said you could not find a kit of the F-107, Gary Pilsworth did one, it's in the aviation download area.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
The other F-107 is at the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tuscon, Az. I was a regular visitor there when I lived in Phoenix. I couldn't get any good interiort pics, because it was outside and they put a gray film over any glass to avoid sun damaging the interior.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
This is coming along nicely. But you said you could not find a kit of the F-107, Gary Pilsworth did one, it's in the aviation download area.
Crap!!!
And he just posted it last month. Well like I said it is very hard to build anything that hasn't been built before. This is gonna take the wind out of my sails for sure this time.
Oh well I guess I'll look for some other mountain to climb.
Thanks Texman for the heads up . I never look in the downloads section.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Good God no, please, do not stop!! This is looking so spectacular, I really am looking forward to getting my hands on it. PLEASE carry on, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

If you really cannot continue, I am a sketchup designer with six years of experience (ships, rockets, etc.) I can send samples of my work, I would be happy to pick up where you left off, give you the rights and the profits (if you want to sell it) to it when it's finished. If you just can't go on, please consider this, it would be a tragedy for this project to die.

[email protected]
Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
No, I agree with Avery. Having you stop was never my intention. Please to continue, as it does look like a most promising piece of work. I would hate to
see it not come to fruition, as it would be built in a different style. And, I would still like to build it.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:56 PM

Well I guess your right. I'll just blow it out with tons of little fiddly stuff ( in the words of Will Aldridge) I really wanted to see it through to completition anyway, But I gotta tell ya again it's tough coming up with anything new. I think you just gotta take what's out there and just keep making it better. Will post progress as I go on.
Google Adsense