PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > mldixons projects

Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.52 MB
Sub Assemblies coming together

Animation of the assembled parts of the seat in position with the rail system

Parts lined up for assembly

Eject tube #2 in position on headrest in this shot. This lines up with the rail tube
and inserts inside. This will allow the model seat to be removed as though it were firing.

In this photo t

he back pad is in place as is the top pad on the bottom seat

One more look at the other side, those little triangular supports at the top of the seat bucket keep the back pad tilted at the correct angle.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Mike...more details on the Syringe? and its "tip" and the type of glue you are using?

I need to learn more about this, and stop using Aileen's for everything.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
It was a bear to work around. There were 7 pins required to safe it for maintenance,
and a flip up guard. One of the pins was directly on top, and one was underneath by
the rocket pack. There were alot of ways to get killed by it.

Oh yeah. Follow this link http://www.ejectionsite.com/frame_sg.htm
and it shows the seat with a yellow ribbon that interconnected all the pins. I remember a National Guardsman who was shot through the roof of a hanger in Louisville Ky sometime in the 60's I think, He was working on a F101 VooDoo, but that seat was designed by Weber Aircraft.

The link did not go to the picture so it is in all F104 Seats under the bottom at other seats. and the top of seat pic.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Mike...more details on the Syringe? and its "tip" and the type of glue you are using?

I need to learn more about this, and stop using Aileen's for everything.
Monoject 412 comes with curved tip already on not replaceable. I use Sobo premium craft and fabric glue. When you load the syringe just inject about 2 teaspoons of glue and the insert plunger and hold in air tip up. This will let you push all the air out and the glue will run all the way to the tip. I then use it and pull back on the plunger just a hair to keep the glue from running out. I have had this thing loaded for an entire afternoon with out it clogging up. I just take my finger and remove the little dried out spot at the tip and it fires right up. I clean it by injecting the unused glue back into the bottle and then sucking hot water into the syringe and shooting it out about three fills does the trick.

I have been using this glue forever and find it fast and effective. But like all things in this regard it all comes down to personal preference. I have many bottles of Aileens on my workstation and have not opened them in a long time.
Sobo Glue Delta Sobo Craft and Fabric Glue - BLICK art materials

Monoject 412. Kit Kraft inc. :: Adhesives...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
So, these are nicely scaleable?
Are you saying I could drop one of these in one of my P51s?!
oooh wouldn't that be nice!
Or maybe two into a B-24?!!
Well..... If you can build the really small parts you can.
I find all these Micro builders on this site amazing. Anyway the PDF is vectored so as you scale up and down the image remains crystal clear. The only thing that holds you back is the DPI of your printer.
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2011, 04:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Re figures, I think that Tamiya has or did some figures in 1/12 to go with its bike models...I have one some where that I was modifying (about 25 years ago - still not finished!) to go with some 1/12 scale weapons I scored from Toys'r'Us...50cal, 81mm mortar and 106mm RCL...
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Re figures, I think that Tamiya has or did some figures in 1/12 to go with its bike models...I have one some where that I was modifying (about 25 years ago - still not finished!) to go with some 1/12 scale weapons I scored from Toys'r'Us...50cal, 81mm mortar and 106mm RCL...
I'm not familiar with those. I collect the Dragon Figures which are highly detailed and poss-able, the problem is they only make so many and they sell quick. I wanted to collect all the HALO figures, but even on ebay they go for big bucks at the auctions. I also have a lot of scale weapons that I collect, a very interesting hobby but you can only look at the stuff for so long. My grand kids however....
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow, this is really coming along. CDavenport sent me this incredibly thin lead sheets. They are perfect for seat belts. If you can find any, you will see what I mean. Extremely easy to texture too. Your model is excellent!!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicharrero View Post
Awesome, Mike.
What is the scale, and will be a commercial model?
And...are you thinking a plane for the seat in that scale?
Well you managed to get my thinking cap steamed up with that question, so the answer is yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Wow, this is really coming along. CDavenport sent me this incredibly thin lead sheets. They are perfect for seat belts. If you can find any, you will see what I mean. Extremely easy to texture too. Your model is excellent!!
Do you know where the lead sheets come from? I would be insterested. Thanks for looking in Zathros, glad you stop by.

So here is a F_104 G Jabo colors and eagle. I ran this one up real quick to test the idea that chicharrero put out there. The seat you see is the prototype of this build that I did to test cuts and fits. Now the plane is rough because I whipped it up real quick to see how the seat would look.

So I think I will build a few different plane cockpits that this seat was configured for and release them as they get completed.

Some Pics.

Yes I know the lettering is backwards. Like I said real quick

Seems a tad too tall. I will increase the planes scale

Old 09-13-2011, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think the whole plane should be built, but i love the seat!
Google Adsense

Tags
ejection seat, martin-baker, mk.7, seat, ejection, baker, martin