PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Maly Modelarz Model Contests > MM Armor

Old 02-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That's our old friend bclemens, who designed the superb Gandy Dancer.

I'm glad to be reminded of his website. I see that he actually has a tutorial on using his laser-cut hex nuts for a model. AvantCard - Nut and Bolt Heads
Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
I remember an old thread over at Zealot where Patero made hex head bolts for one of his masterpieces. It looks like he cut them out of a printed sheet. then painted them to match. Check out pictures 38 and 39...here... LeFH 18/40 (Drafmodel) 1:16 - Zealot Hobby Forum
I'm not sure how or what he used to cut them out but it looks like a great idea.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Rick,
I know that I will use his stuff :D
I placed an order for different nuts/bolts, seatbelt hardware and meshes to cover me for several models.
Does the nitrate dope is the "smelly" kind? Name suggests that and if I want to stay on good terms with the rest of the family anything smelly will have to wait...

Don,
I forgot his name and my favorites were wiped out in the crash, but I rembered the Marsden matt I was able to google his website.

KC,
Patero used some type of hex punch, but tere is no mention of how he made it. No matter. Bruce's lasercut bolts will take care of my dillema - It's much easier to make one cut instead of six :D
Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 PM

Two mechanics are discussing progres of work - not very happy at how my attempt at small hex bolt turned out

PS
Figures are 1/32 Japanese mechanics sold by CMK and painted by a professional.
Attached Thumbnails
MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-22.jpg   MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-23.jpg  
Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 PM

Well, the one guy does seem to be saying "Dame yo."

But I think your work is jozu desu, ne!

Don
Google Adsense
Old 03-01-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Well, the one guy does seem to be saying "Dame yo."

But I think your work is jozu desu, ne!

Don
Don,
I don't speak Japanese, but it looks to me like the first guy is saying "Damn you" - well, I guess I deserved it for the crappy bolt :o
Old 03-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Construction process continues...
Two more issues in the design:
1. Two small side armor pieces (parts 16L and P - marked on the photo) are to large and require trimming on top.
2. Fender (?) - inside piece is a bit to wide. Looks like designer forgot to reduce it by card thicknes.
I separated the inside part into three pieces to ease the process of assembly. All the seams are falling into inside corners so nothing is visible and it made my life much easier

I have to admit that I'm having a lot of fun building this model :D
Attached Thumbnails
MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-24.jpg   MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-25.jpg   MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-26.jpg   MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-27.jpg   MM Armor Contest Japanese Medium Tank Chi-He-mm-chi-he-28.jpg  

Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMir View Post
Don,
I don't speak Japanese, but it looks to me like the first guy is saying "Damn you" - well, I guess I deserved it for the crappy bolt :o
Wow, ha ha ha, oh I may as well refrain from laughing but I didn’t imagine there is a Japanese word that has similar meaning with English word under similar pronunciation. wow

To me it looks not only rivets but all other parts are built neatly so far, totemo jozu desu, ne!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM

First guy (Dame yo.): "Lousy."

My comment on your tank model (Jozu desu, ne): "It's skillfully done!" [The "ne" at the end is kind of like the German nicht wahr or my Pennsylvania Dutch relatives "ain't?" i.e. "Isn't it?"]

Master Yu or Shinji or one of the other real Japanese speakers can provide more accurate translations.

Anyway, your construction is definitely jozu.

Added later: I wrote this just as Master Yu was posting his comment.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
When you put ne at the end of sentence with go up tone it means “isn’t it?” as Don explained. When tone doesn’t go up it has effect of softening a sentence.
It also has meaning of English “yknow”.
Here is an example sentence that I would hear at the bar in Yokohama where American base existed. American service man talk to Japanese girl in plain English with ne “Me ne, tomorrow ne, go back State ne, I miss you ne, you think so too ne?
Google Adsense