PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Maly Modelarz Model Contests > MM Ships

Old 08-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Time for an update. I have got enough parts redrawn to get started on the first build attempt....the hull formers and major lower deck parts get transferred to parts pages tomorrow and I can then get to butchering paper. After seeing Roman's work, I just about decided to chuck the project...he did an absolutely masterful job on it. However, I think a few additional refinements are possible for the kit. The photo is a rework I did of the barrels that are part of the deck cargo. Roman did a great cleanup of the kit, but at least for the barrels, kept to the original design.

For those waiting for stuff from me (like photos for Chris's Marek contest), they haven't totally been forgotten, but things have gone slowly around here lately. I went through a couple weeks in hell with a flareup of absessed teeth (of course, occuring just as my dentist took his two-week vacation), then upon his return finally getting him to agree it was time to get it over and pull them all. Another seven weeks and he thinks I may be ready to have the lower plate made....by then, I'll be so hungry for solid meat that anyone waving an arm in front of my face will be in big trouble.

MM model contest - Western Queen-5.jpg
Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice barrel.

Sorry to hear about the dental problems. Hope the worst is over and you can get back to model building without the painful distractions.

Don