PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Maly Modelarz Model Contests > MM Ships

Old 03-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
MM ship contest Cutty Sark.

I cant really post any major details as it is not arrived here yet and I have no idea when but hey may as well say I want to build this model. When I was younger I was big time into painting schooners and giving away the watercolours I done as presents for Christmas house warming and so on and my mum has one I done up in the house all the time. She was offered a few years ago four hundred euro for the painting by someone but turned it down. So as I await postman pat and his magic bike hee hee. has anyone built this 2004 kit and is there anything to buy card wise? may as well be prepared for the build when it gets here.
Google Adsense
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I built the older Cutty kit...it went together quite well, no significant problems that I can remember. The only additional supplies I needed were a couple of different size threads for the rigging. You should enjoy this kit.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Eternal Member

darwin I got it earlier today and scanned and started and seems to me that there is a little problem with the formers the bow or front section seem PERFECT while the rib that goes about a third down the main rib is slightly too long and the markings for the cut outs or off a little? Do it looks good fun. Bad light has closed the ship yard for the night, alright the real reason is the ship builders cutting arm is totally tired

Could it be that my camera phone is taking slightly better photos since the neice covered it in chocolate ?
Attached Thumbnails
MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-06-03-10_0744.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-06-03-10_0746.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-06-03-10_1352.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-06-03-10_1353.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-08-03-10_1558.jpg  

Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Looking forward to following this.I want to build it in memory of my Father who loved the Tall Ships.We used to visit her regularly and I was heart broken when she caught fire.I was pleased to hear that a lot had all ready been removed and stored at Chatham Dockyard and a full restoration will be completed.We used to go up the road to Upnor and visit the TS Arethusa another fine Tall Ship and now in the US under her original name of Peking.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Looking forward to following this.I want to build it in memory of my Father who loved the Tall Ships.We used to visit her regularly and I was heart broken when she caught fire.I was pleased to hear that a lot had all ready been removed and stored at Chatham Dockyard and a full restoration will be completed.We used to go up the road to Upnor and visit the TS Arethusa another fine Tall Ship and now in the US under her original name of Peking.
That be nice Gixergs I will post as many pictures as i can and build information as I go along. It does look a beautiful kit. Can say the hull shell parts fitted well that former by the way is a few mm to long as well so had to cut that down and cut out for the mast hole. Thats all the problems so far that one former been a bit narky. I get up early and have done over two hours work so far today. more photos to follow later on today. I hope to have the deck done a bit and the top part of the hull that should be enough for two days
Attached Thumbnails
MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-08-03-10_1709.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Eternal Member

Ok update there is a few little mistakes I don't know if its me but it seems the deck is to long by the amount that I took off from that former. while the hull is correct with it cut to the size. So maybe if i go trying it again which lets face the fact I will i think i will lenghten it to that one centimeter that it seems to be missing. the spare parts for the hull skin would cover that missing part anyway. but for now I will just keep going and see what happens. it will mean that part 70 will go over the size on the deck that is showing now. but not by much really and should look good none the less.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Eternal Member

A little more work done.
Attached Thumbnails
MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1043.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1044.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1045.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1046.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1437.jpg  

MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1850.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-11-03-10_1851.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-12-03-10_1220.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-13-03-10_1505.jpg   MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-13-03-10_1506.jpg  

MM ship contest Cutty Sark.-13-03-10_1507.jpg