PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Modded

Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStephens View Post
Great start so far.....Can't wait to see the spoked wheels come alive.
Thanks Kevin. Been giving those wheels a lot of thought. Can't hurt to try. There've been some great tutorials in the forum.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I'm thinking a brush would rapidly become a toothpick if you dipped it in CA. I buy the real cheapo watery stuff from the dollar store to coat parts with - spreads quickly right out of the tube.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Great job on the frames. I think that this is one of the best-looking of the early fliers. There used to be a really nice multi-media kit (Old-Timers?) that Moduni used to sell. Now I wish that I had purchased it.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
looks great! thanks for the great step by steps
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Very clean start. Thanks for the tips.
Google Adsense
Old 03-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Off to a great start and I will watch this one. I also downloaded this and will @ later date do w/Gasparin C02 motor and Hugaford wheels. Don't know that I will ever fly her, but will be a neat little desk piece. Like what you have done so far.:DRick
Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.49 MB
Great start!
I really like the rigging job! Super glue? I never thought to use that as I was afraid of it staining the paper.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Awesome build! In Brazil many replicas of Demoiselle flying. Santos Dumont never patented this plans to build this plane. The performance is very close to ultralight airplanes of today...

Thank's for choice and thank's for share...
Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 AM

Thanks everyone. Th build is fun but the hard parts will be later on. The direction give no indication of where/how to attach the wings, hmm.

Paperwarrior: Super Glue was mentioned in many posts so I decided to give it a tray last year. It's a wonder when you need to quickly tack pieces in place just to set them up.
On small or weak parts it adds a lot of strength. It plasticises the parts so small ones wont delaminate or deform with a lot of handling.
It also allows for sanding.
Yes, it does darken the paper so you need to use sparingly or cover the entire part. For small parts the benefits outweigh the darkened paper.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 AM

A-Frame

So I have these three frame pieces - how am I supposed to get them together?

Placed at the top of the side frames are three "poles" that the rigging will attach to. I glued only these post together so they'd act like a hinge so the parts could be spread at the bottom to accept the bottom frame.

After the "hinge" glue was set, I glued the upper edges of the frame together and used paperclips that had been opened slightly to hold the edges together.
While the glue was drying, the frame bottom was dry set to establish the correct angle of the side pieces.

When the top was dried and the clips removed, the frame bottom was carefully set in place and "tacked" in place using a few drops of CA glue. When secure, I ran the CA glue along the entire edge of each side. The capillary action drew the glue into the cracks and set firmly.

After all was set, I did go back over the entire completed frame with CA glue for added strength and weight as Kevin was inquiring about. Worked great. Use lots of ventilation with the CA glue.
Attached Thumbnails
FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-1-img_7928.jpg   FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-2-img_7929.jpg   FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-4-img_7937.jpg   FGMM Santos-Dumont Demoiselle-5-img_7936.jpg  
Google Adsense