PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Modded

Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Very useful. I'm going to save it as a tutorial.

Just a question: Do you redraw by hand or do you have a function/option to help you in photoshop ?
Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
well, you could try to do all that line work in Photoshop with the path tools, but I prepared all the lines with Adobe Illustrator in fact... I am a graphic designer so I am used to all those profesional tools. I didn't mention it because I didn't plan this tutorial to be a real "Step-by-step" thing, but more a guideline to help others get the idea.

Fortunately nowadays there are good free vector-based programs (Inkscape, for example), just like Gimp can replace Photoshop as a free bitmap-based software.

Hope this helps!

Btw, do you guys think I should repost this and future tutorials in the "Designers" or "Tutorials" forums?

Best regards,
- Mauri -
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri View Post
well, you could try to do all that line work in Photoshop with the path tools, but I prepared all the lines with Adobe Illustrator in fact... I am a graphic designer so I am used to all those profesional tools. I didn't mention it because I didn't plan this tutorial to be a real "Step-by-step" thing, but more a guideline to help others get the idea.
- Mauri -
The idea is very clear so my question about the redrawing.

Quote:
Fortunately nowadays there are good free vector-based programs (Inkscape, for example), just like Gimp can replace Photoshop as a free bitmap-based software.
- Mauri -
Yes. I've Corel but I use a lot Inkscape/Gimp because I can use it at work, at home without restrictions the Corel is installed just in one machine.

Quote:
Btw, do you guys think I should repost this and future tutorials in the "Designers" or "Tutorials" forums?
- Mauri -
I agree, totally.
Alcides
Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Tutorials, please! Really valuable info and the more you have for the entire process, the clearer it will be for hopefuls like me!
Chris
Old 03-18-2010, 02:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
Just a question: Do you redraw by hand or do you have a function/option to help you in photoshop ?
In case my answer wasn't clear enough, I redraw all by hand using Illustrator. A little bit painfull process... there are some automated tasks that could convert the original design into active paths, but they will just reproduce the "hand-drawn" style that I also wanted to avoid.

If you need/want to make line work (more like technical drawing), Illustraor/Inskape or the likes are surely the best option.

Thanks for your comments folks... I will continue this thread in this "tutorial style" then!

Warm regards!
- Mauri -
Google Adsense

Tags
fiddlersgreen, sahara, spain, t-6, texan