Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
excellent! I stared at those things for about 10 minutes before moving on
Thanks! !!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Thumbs up Library Display of Paper Models

Great, Chris!

I was so pleased to read and see this. This is just the right kind of boost our hobby needs, so that young kids might take a break from their TV or computer games and experience something really three-dimensional.

Just wait until they realize that they can actually do it themselves, with their own hands, with a bit of patience and simple tools like scissors and glue. Working on a three-dimensional form from a flat paper is immensely stimulating for the mind!

Chris - you are a great ambassador, a true entrepreneur for the hobby.
Hell - you are a Crusader!

Let the paper banners fly!
All the best,
Bengt in Stockholm

PS. I have a 1:20 scale Fokker Dr.I WW1 fighter in a display in a hobby shop in central Stockholm, among some smaller plastic models. I think I will exchange it for a new, different one soon. Perhaps put some cards or flyers there, and see what happens.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Its a WINNER!

The head librarian said it was far and away one of the most popular displays they ever had. They asked me to come back in a year or so and do it again

they said it even increased the checkout of books related to war history - most notably several people asked about the civil war ships

They asked if I would consider making something smaller that could be a permanent thing, she wanted to ask me before going to the director! A micro mini dio would be perfect might give it a go if people are interested in sending me micro builds! Of course my model RR skills are nil so I would be learning from the ground up - anyone in the wisconsin area want to help out with such an endeavor?
Thanks everyone for helping make this library display possible. I will be moving on to a couple area museums next!
Chris