PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 05-29-2011, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Doll Houses for Kids

This forum seems pretty quiet...or is just nobody posting in the Model builds Section?

Oh well, heres the deal. Due to my builds, other people in my vicinity have become interested in paper modeling. A request was Doll Houses, like for barbie dolls and stuff. All i ever found were those Japanese dioramas, like over here ƒy[ƒp[ƒNƒ‰ƒtƒguƒh[ƒ‹ƒnƒEƒXˆ——v@ƒy[ƒp[ƒ~ƒ…[ƒWƒAƒ€-ƒTƒ“ƒƒTƒvƒ‰ƒCŠ”Ž‰Ž

another one i found is here http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/craft...ouse-708726/6/, but I dont see an option to download it, or if its even possible?

so, does anybody know a place with a bit simpler designs, that could accomodate a barbie doll or anything?

thx
Google Adsense
Old 05-29-2011, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.98 MB
You might take a look here https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/shop/c...ok+Houses.html
they might build up into some very nice dollhouses when lamintaed to the matte board used in picture framing.

Happy modeling!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:59 AM

ok thanks for the advice, i will certainly take a look into that. =)

But i was sort of thinkiing like those half-open things, usually made from wood...you know kinda like the dioramas on the japanese page i posted, just a bit simpler and more complete.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Most of the models in the Story Book colection have reasonably detailed interiors (the one I built, Roberts Roost, was the first and not as detailed as the others.) I just cut flaps in the back of mine to open the interior up for access, but leaving a wall off should be fairly easy. From what you're describing, I would try the Colckmakers Cozy, it seems like it would be easiest to make the interior open. Here's a link showing the one I built. Fiddlers Green • View topic - Jobeaux's Storybook Village I shrunk it down to HO scale, so Barbie might have a tough time in mine though!

If you don' any other suggestions soon, you might ask an admin to move your post to the architectural models section, you might get some more looks there. Good luck on your search, and don't forget some pics of the outcome!
Happy modeling!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:40 PM

Ok thank you for you sugestion, that sounds good, i had something like that in mind. Unfortunately, like you said, it wouldnt be quite to scale with a barbie doll. still worth a try =)

Sry if this is the wrong section, i didnt think (or didnt actually know) nout an architectural section
Google Adsense
Old 06-07-2011, 06:33 AM

No need to apologize, I just thought you might have better luck. As far as scale, I think it comes in either 1:18 or 1:12 at the largest. Not really sure what scale Barbies are...?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:55 PM

well, me neither...manly men dont play with barbie dolls harr harr

but the models are rather pricey...starting at 15$ a piece if i recall right.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:37 AM

UPDATE: I found a good model, its even based on a commercial plastic model. Its like the cinderella castle playset...check it out: Cinderella Castle play set | FREE paper models
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 17.76 MB
well it's not a doll house per say but it might be a doll house for a doll house. Here is a paper model that I downloaded from Haunted Dimensions. It's the New Orleans Square haunted house from one of the Disney Theme Parks (can't remember which one.) Oh, btw, yes the iron works are clear. Who says transparency film won't print on my printer (at least that's what Epson says)...just taped it to a piece of paper and it ran through fine...no smudging at all...although try to keep water off it...bleah

Rusty

Old 06-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven1x View Post
UPDATE: I found a good model, its even based on a commercial plastic model. Its like the cinderella castle playset...check it out: Cinderella Castle play set | FREE paper models
That looks nice your giving me ideas for Bday present for my neice megan
i say don't worry about the scale of the dolls house, Never heard any child playing with a dolls house going its not to scale and Barbie can't stand up in it. You know what you could do as well there is some nice convertible car on canons site and could have barbie with a fancy car then she could be the Jay leno barbie
Google Adsense