PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Historical display of surface vehicles, planes and space craft... needed!

Well folks, this might or might not come as a surprise. I decided to throw yet another iron on the fire...

I have approached our local library which is brand new and quite popular. I asked about getting a small display case to show off a few models. The declined as those are reserved for kids to show off stuff. Instead they offered me the large window up front which is usually reserved for the likes of area museum displays! Its pretty darn big, at least three shelves high (might be four) I am getting the display case for all of December or all of January!

Once again, this is where I am looking to the community for help in promoting the hobby. Luckily I will be able to use MANY of the models I already got for the craft fair in this display but it needs a lot of rounding out to make it work as I hope. I plan on making three levels of similar models...

low level - any surface or sub surface vehicles, historical representation on different ages, this will include subs, ships, cars etc etc

medium will be aircraft representing a timeline

high will be space craft representing a timeline (this MIGHT go into future state like sci-fi depending on what I get)

space permitting I will include any and all unique models I can fit.

If anyone has any models they would like included in this venture please let me know! I cant offer special compensation this time, I blew my budget on the last one.... but I will pay for anyones shipping charges!
Thanks
Chris

Last edited by cgutzmer; 09-22-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 09-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Timeline? Very little on the shelf and that's spoken for so would need to build something ...
Yogi
Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
I could build my Passaic to complete your monitor collection... :D

[email protected]
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 AM
Design Admin

the time! I suppose that is important I will update the first post. I will either get all of december or all of January - it depends what is open when I get my form turned in! I might go January just to get a little more time!

More monitors is cool!
Chris
Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Let me know if you end up going the sci-fi route. I've got a couple Star Trek ships that I could send your way - the recognizable ones - the original Enterprise (Chippy's), the refit Enterprise from the movies (Shunichi's), and the Enterprise D from The Next Generation (Ninjatoes'). The former two are in approx 1:1000 scale (about 11" long) which I've since rebuilt in my common fleet scale 1:1700, and the D is about the same length at about 1:2000 and I plan to rebuild that one at 1:1700 at some point.

I could probably also part with my similarly-sized FG Huey.

Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
Well folks, this might or might not come as a surprise. I decided to throw yet another iron on the fire...

Instead they offered me the large window up front which is usually reserved for the likes of area museum displays! Its pretty darn big, at least three shelves high (might be four) I am getting the display case for all of December or all of January!

Thanks
Chris
Chris, your comment about the large window up front, is this window facing the outside where it will get direct sunlight? Be aware that if the models are exposed to this bright light over a period of weeks that the color will probably fade pretty badly...... Unless they are printed with archival inks, and even that is not a safe bet.

This may not be a concern, but just thought I'd mention it.

Swampfox
Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Chris

What about model scale -Modern aircraft at 1:33 can be quite large. Same goes for ship models.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Design Admin

I will let you know about the trek ships - they would prolly be a good draw in any case

swampfox - up front INSIDE the library so no direct sunlight

RMKS - the shelves are very long so ships SHOULD be all right, i am hoping if I DO get a plane that bid I will prop it up against the back so its kind of a top down view. but yes for large models it could be an issue, it depends which display window I get too
Thanks!
Chris
Old 10-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Design Admin

ok folks! I need some more models for this - specifically anything that rolls/floats on earth or goes in outer space

got anything? I will cover postage!
Thanks
Chris
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Design Admin

I officially have the display case for all of december. Now if anyone has ANY surface/sub surface vehicles, pioneer aircraft or space vehicles of any kind that would be most appreciated (shipping paid as well)
Thanks!
Chris