PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 06-01-2017, 04:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
All the small things

As there's a high likelyhood I'll be completing a lot of very small projects over the next few years that don't really fall into a coherent category, I figured I should avoid cluttering up the forum and post them all in one thread.

Starting it all off, by request of the person I'm replacing at work, who has been probably my biggest advocate in terms of getting me the job, I give you Erik J's NCC-1701-D. I hope I'm attributing the model correctly - the pdf doesn't actually include any name or copyright information.

Available for free at the Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop under the Science Fiction section, this little gem was more of a challenge to build than I expected. While the saucer goes together nicely, the body takes some coaxing, but ultimately I like the result.

The final pieces were a bit confusing - there's a blue sliver, visible from underneath, that I think I installed correctly... but on the printed sheet, the part is about 3x larger than needed. I cut it down to size and I'm happy with the result, but I'm not sure if this was intended, or if there's something else I was supposed to do with it.

It was printed on a combination of 28 lb paper for the body parts and 60 lb paper for the relief details on the saucer at approximately 1/3 the designed size, resulting in an approximate scale of 1:12000.
Attached Thumbnails
All the small things-img_20170531_224622-scaled.jpg   All the small things-img_20170531_224456.jpg   All the small things-img_20170531_224440.jpg   All the small things-img_20170531_223827.jpg  
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Google Adsense
Old 06-01-2017, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
That's a great work.
So clean and perfect at this small size.
Very nice to see!