PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 12-29-2018, 09:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.58 MB
US Customs - Careful - GPM Service

I placed an order with GPM a few months back. The models tracked to US Customs who state the package "cleared US Customs, Inbound out of customs" on 28 November and that's it never seen from again. I'm out $200 US and no assistance from Customs who say the US Post Service must contact them. The Postal Service says items are in customs despite the message received on the tracking number. GPM wipes their hands, will do nothing. I have never had issues before but with the amount of money I have spent through GPM over the years I did expect a little more.

We really need a direct US distributor.

Lost are the HMS Maya and USS Brooklyn plus accessories.

I will no longer purchase from GPM again, I have enough models to keep me busy the rest of my life anyway.

Google Adsense
Old 12-29-2018, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
If you got a tracking number than you have a chance of locating it last. But there is no guarantee that you will get it. If it is on the US Customs possession and they say they do not have it, then you are SOL.

Sounds like you have a loss on your hands. I would not blame GPM for it.

Isaac
Old 12-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Why are you blaming GPM? They have no control whatsoever over US Customs or the US Postal Service!

If Customs says it is cleared, raise it again with the US Postal Service. If they give you no joy again, then ask for the name of the most senior Postal Official in your state and then raise against her/him (as the Official in Charge) a charge of theft at your local police station.

Then watch the action start.

I have done this sort of thing several times - always with results.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.18 GB
Contact the United States Postal Inspector's office. Give them the tracking number and tell them that you believe the package may have been stolen or lost. The issue may be resolved fairly quickly. I've have had to do this a few times.

Good luck,
Karl
Old 12-29-2018, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.31 MB
GPM is not at fault. Use your tracking number and take up your issue with the USPS where it belongs.
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2018, 08:56 AM

I have contacted USPS, the problem is they can't do anything until the item is actually received by them, difference between incoming and outgoing international mail. The Customs Dept. actually says on their own website they will do nothing, great institution.

I have been told these issues typically only occur if there is an issue with the labeling on the package, mind you GPM has never failed at this in the past. The inquiry has to be from the shipper not the receiver, like above, if I'm the shipper USPS would be able to work the process until the package is in the receiver country's postal system.

Difference with DHL is they handle the delivery on both ends so easier to process these types of issues. Next time, if and when, I will insist on a service like DHL or UPS.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
I'd agree, not GPM's fault but US Customs and don't believe that issues just happen because of labeling issues. I used to ship internationally for a warehouse and we did everything by computer and knew how to categorize stuff properly every single time. That still didn't prevent Customs departments from causing problems, and we were just shipping books and kids toys.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.90 GB
Part of the problem may be that some Gov agencies are shut down.
My aunt works for the Fed Gov in Chicago and they shut down just
before Thanksgiving, and will not reopen until after the new year.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:29 AM

yah, customs wasn't shut down in November though