PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 01-25-2019, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olo View Post
Sorry to say that but you can't just decided to use cardboard that you think is right for you. This way you are just asking for more troubles later on with the build. I am also pretty new to the hobby. I am working on my fifth model. I started with Schelswig Holstein model also from GPM and I wish I had started with something simpler. It was a waste of the model. As mentioned before you don't need written instructions to build paper models, pictures and diagrams speak for them self. Also If you need help with translation I can help since my mother language is Polish. Good luck with your build. Also if you starting the hobby with not original product (I hope not)but scanned model from web site it is not the best start :( Just saying respect to those who designed the ship and published...but good luck with your build
It looked exactly like the picture from Anne.
all details are printet on fine glossy karton.
on top it says 9'2001
Old 01-25-2019, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
You said you bought it on Wish. I buy a lot of stuff on Wish, it's all cheap Chinese rubbish and knockoffs, most of it.

I've seen the card model kits on there, it would most likely be a scanned copy you have bought, not the original, hence the lack of written instructions.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 01-25-2019, 04:56 PM

you are properly right, but all the details: guns, boats ect are printet on karton,
not paper.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 MB
I got my start doing a paper Liberty ship back in the 1990's. Took a very log time to figure everything out and get all the details done.

If you don't mind switching to spacecraft: I just found a pair of nice Hubble Space Telescope models at NASA's Hubble site. They have a medium and an expert level model there. The medium one makes for a reasonably good starter kit. Both are free and have full instructions that are well written.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.35 MB
Hi,I have pictures instruction if you need write on e-mail [email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 02-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
Hi Charlie;

This is intended as a brief tutorial to familiarize you with the basics of card modeling, with a minimum of fuss and a better chance of enjoying a really rewarding hobby. As it is with any medium in model building, there is a set of skills needed to get a satisfying result. Generally speaking do not make HMS Victory your first model. Start with a schooner. Learn the basics. Try not to make extra work for yourself. Do not over build. Do not spend money when you don't have to.

A good way to start is to get on the internet, go to GOOGLE and type in free card models. There are tons of free models out there, of every subject under the sun, planes, rockets, ships, cars, tanks, famous architecture, and even animals. Some are easy, but still fairly good, others awful and some way over complicated. Hunt around for something that appeals to you, download it in your computer and save it. That way you can simply print out another page if you mess one up. There are some good models for download on this web site. Don't be in a rush, slow and careful will get you there. Build a couple of easy ones before you tangle with Bismark.

As for thickness, unless you intend to stand on your model, you really do not need anything thicker than a good card stock readily found in a store which sells stationery supplies. It can be laminated if you need to. Some parts, such as gun barrels, masts, and spars, should be made of ordinary printer paper. You will be surprised at how strong these can be when properly rolled.

Most decent kits come supplied with diagrams and illustrations which make the sequence understandable. More importantly the parts are numbered. If you follow the numerical sequence you will eventually get there. After you get a few of the easier models under your belt, you will develop the skill required to build with minimal instructions. Hope this is useful for you.

Regards, rjccjr
Old 02-02-2019, 09:23 AM

thank you
I will look into it.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11slaw View Post
Hi,I have pictures instruction if you need write on e-mail [email protected]
thank you I will write to you.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjccjr View Post
Hi Charlie;

This is intended as a brief tutorial to familiarize you with the basics of card modeling, with a minimum of fuss and a better chance of enjoying a really rewarding hobby. As it is with any medium in model building, there is a set of skills needed to get a satisfying result. Generally speaking do not make HMS Victory your first model. Start with a schooner. Learn the basics. Try not to make extra work for yourself. Do not over build. Do not spend money when you don't have to.

A good way to start is to get on the internet, go to GOOGLE and type in free card models. There are tons of free models out there, of every subject under the sun, planes, rockets, ships, cars, tanks, famous architecture, and even animals. Some are easy, but still fairly good, others awful and some way over complicated. Hunt around for something that appeals to you, download it in your computer and save it. That way you can simply print out another page if you mess one up. There are some good models for download on this web site. Don't be in a rush, slow and careful will get you there. Build a couple of easy ones before you tangle with Bismark.

As for thickness, unless you intend to stand on your model, you really do not need anything thicker than a good card stock readily found in a store which sells stationery supplies. It can be laminated if you need to. Some parts, such as gun barrels, masts, and spars, should be made of ordinary printer paper. You will be surprised at how strong these can be when properly rolled.

Most decent kits come supplied with diagrams and illustrations which make the sequence understandable. More importantly the parts are numbered. If you follow the numerical sequence you will eventually get there. After you get a few of the easier models under your belt, you will develop the skill required to build with minimal instructions. Hope this is useful for you.

Regards, rjccjr
Many thanks for your reply.
i will try to look on the internet for some models which is't that difficault.
I also have found some videos on youtube, that also explain some of the basics.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.28 MB
Be careful with all the videos. So many people doing the same thing in a different way that it can get confusing and waist full trying all the different methods.

Chucky
Google Adsense