PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Hey Ron, That is what we all try to do, is help one another, I personally am looking forward to your new B-17 I like the models you did for PMI. So a Newer B-17 will be Sweet.
Jeff
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
Wow. Way to go guys! Looks great!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman67 View Post
Hey all;
I finished the repaint of the FG-B-17 into the requested model, with some detail mods included, I am going to Ask Chip if he wants it as it turned out rather well, I was able to do everything except the main nose art, and Roman Vasyliev was kind enough to make it up for the model. here are a couple of sample pages.
Jeff

That was nice to redo the markings. What kind of mods did you include if I may ask?

Thanks,
Swampfox
Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Swampfox;
I added a 3-D DF antenna, window overlay, new forward crewhatch overlay, new wheels all around, better struts for same. better bomb-bay doors, staggered the waist gunners windows, added new better looking sperry ball turret, redid the cheek gun windows, bashed a more appropriate upper turret, detailed the chin turret, added Cheyenne tail turret, pitot tubes, added a piece to the astrodome. I think that is all the mods,LOL. And now I am working on the parts for E and F models, which will include two captured ones, a German, and a Japanese. Oh and also a YB-40 gunship version. At least most of the next ones go hand in hand.
Jeff
Old 06-10-2010, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkman67 View Post
Swampfox;
I added a 3-D DF antenna, window overlay, new forward crewhatch overlay, new wheels all around, better struts for same. better bomb-bay doors, staggered the waist gunners windows, added new better looking sperry ball turret, redid the cheek gun windows, bashed a more appropriate upper turret, detailed the chin turret, added Cheyenne tail turret, pitot tubes, added a piece to the astrodome. I think that is all the mods,LOL. And now I am working on the parts for E and F models, which will include two captured ones, a German, and a Japanese. Oh and also a YB-40 gunship version. At least most of the next ones go hand in hand.
Jeff
Wow, that sounds like a whole new kit! Is this going to be available for sale? The E and F variants and the YB all sound like quite a project you have going there. I wouldn't keep you, your a busy man.

Thanks,
Swampfox
Google Adsense
Old 06-10-2010, 03:14 PM

LoL;
only detail wise, i just went back and worked on things that were easy to add or fix, and some of the work I had already done on My SB-17 I did waay back, I just went thru and updated,and then did the things I mentioned. The E and F model parts I had underway some time ago and just put them aside for a spell, but intrest in FG has taken off again so I am finshing them up. I have quite a few FG repaints underway. I am going to make sure the pages are all cleaned up and Ask Chip if he wants them, if not will go from there.
Jeff
Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks Jeff

I can't thank Jeff enough for helping me get this plane together for my friend Pop Stanek. He turns 90 in August and I intend to have this plane that he actually flew in ready. The silver paper from Red River printed up well but I wonder if I should do the yellow areas n plain white as the silver shines through. Trying to finish up an Air Dave repaint of a B-26 that as a favor he repainted as "Incendiary Sue" the Model version isw wrong but it still looks great. Thanks again guys it means a lot.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Very Welcome! and glad to have been able to help you out. I enjoy doing repaints a lot. I would recommend printing the yellow area in white yes, so as to have the non metallic look.
Jeff
Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking forward to seeing your build of Hawkman's repaint, Morgueman. Jeff does superb repainting work.

Wyvern
Old 06-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
wow! That looks great. I can't wait for this to go up on FG. Daddy needs a new B-17 :p
Google Adsense