PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds

Old 10-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Good to know....thanks.

Can't wait to see the pics of the large model display!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Well here we go! This table contains 84 models. I have about 8 models in the mechanics shop (getting fixed up) and about 5 models I forgot to carry out. Plus my two I totally forgot to take off the kids ceiling!

This is a grand total of 99!!! I gotta quick build one to take an even 100.... I MIGHT have one more package on the way but I cant recall. It would be cool to go in with over 100

I will try to get some pics of the stuff I am fixing plus the ones I forgot this weekend but no promises - its supposed to be in the 80's here this weekend and gotta get outside time while I can! I will still get you this hook pics knife
Thanks!
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_1.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_2.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_3.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_4.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_5.jpg  

Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Design Admin

second set of pics of the same stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_6.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_7.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_8.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft_fair_9.jpg  
Old 10-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
Be careful, we would have trouble counting the fasteners needed to build an assembly if they ended on an even number. If the drawings would call for a few extra, there would be no complates. If we were short ......
Old 10-08-2010, 06:38 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Wow, that's quite the collection there Chris. Are those all for the craft fair or also for the library display? I saw one Star Trek ship in there, let me know if you're interested in a few more.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2010, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Wow, that's a lot of models! I never realized the stomp rocket F-104s were that large!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Design Admin

MUCH bigger than I expected too robert

I will take any and all models. I plan on reserving some for the library that I WANT to make sure get into that display otherwise I will see what sells. really its more about publicizing the hobby more than anything!

I REALLY need any surface, sub surface or space stuff for the library - I got planes well covered. maybe some golden age stuff will really help there... tanks and ships would be especially welcome I plan on including some sci-fi stuff as the future of the various time lines if I get any
Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Design Admin

Well the AMFAM craft fair came and went. Financially it was a huge bust. I sold just enough to cover my entry fee and pay for the paper I used to print. :(

For the hobby I would say it was a big success! Well I think anyway... I suppose time will tell. I spent the entire day talking with people and explaining the the hobby. There was very little interest in buying the built up kits and marginal interest in buying the pre-printed kits. However the built up kits generated a lot of traffic and questions about the hobby. I gave out about 350 biz cards and 40 or so flyers - thanks John and Mauri!. Here are a few select stories from the day. Crappy pics to follow due to backlight and my flash didnt go off for some reason.....

Story one:
I was getting everything brought in with my dads help and working on setting up. A gentleman walked up to me and was watching me get setup. He was retired air force from korea and noticed the planes I was putting out. He was talking about the ones he flew and such. I put out an specific sabre jet and just looked at it and started to cry - turned out it was similar to the one that was dedicated to his dad here in sun prairie. He told me where it was so I will go and try to snap some pics. He said it wasnt an f-86 but the conversation was a bit muddled at that point but I am going to see what I can do about making one up for him (I know who he was there with) after I go get some pics

Story two:
We were about halfway through the day and this guy walks up with a big honking camera and asks to take my pic holding up a couple of the models. I see that the lanyard he is wearing says EAA on it. He introduces himself as Wink from Wisconsin Aviation. He has never heard of paper models before (big surprise eh?) However he LOVES them and asked me if I could come give a talk about the hobby, models and history of some models. He also told me they have been looking for a new display at the Madison airport and thinks paper models might fit their needs nicely. In addition he belongs to a couple EAA clubs and will ask them if they would like me to come give a talk about the hobby

Story three:
the day was starting to wrap up and I was packing up little by little. A little boy came over (about 8 years old) and they asked me about the models. I gave the run down of paper etc etc etc (I think the people with tables next to me can give a good speech on it now....) the boy picked up a bunch looking at them and the father said its time to go and they left. About 5 minutes later they came back with mom and the boy proceeded to explain to his mom everything I just told him a few minutes ago He did a good job! SO I of course gave him a model for being such a good helper explaining the hobby to him mom. His face just lit up and he got so happy! This is about when the show wrapped up and as I was taking the first load back to the car the little boy held the door for me and thanked me again

All in all it was a good time and got to tell lots of people about the hobby who never heard of it before

The guy in the shadows is my dad!
Thanks!
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft-fair_1.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft-fair_2.jpg   Need built models of any ecardmodels models :) compensation and postage paid....-craft-fair_3.jpg  
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! You are to be commended, Chris, just for seeing possibility in your company craft fair! And who knows what interest you may have ignited in all those people.

Bravo!

Wyvern
Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Nice going Chris,
Thanks for the pictures and the stories :D
It was nice to join you on this quest....
Google Adsense