PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Barv.

A really unusual BARV to model would be the world's only surviving M3 Grant BARV.
This was a conversion done by the Australians on an M3 Grant chassis, and is a unique vehicle.
Reasonable references exist both pictorial and written. They are held at the Australian War Museum in Canberra, and in the Australian Army Museum in Puckapunwal.

The Grant BARV differs somewhat from the Sherman, but the family resemblance is fairly obvious.
Oddly, the Chieftan BARV also bears more than a passing resemblance in terms of the superstructure, as does the Centurion BARV.

Kind and Respectful Regards Aaron my friend, Uyraell.

Last edited by Uyraell; 03-17-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
I can understand wanting to branch out into other areas............ but please keep doing aircraft. There are still sooooo many planes that haven't been modeled yet.........

C-133
C-124
C-17
Lots of X-planes from the 50's and 60's
Lot's of civil aviation aircraft

and lots of helicopters too, just to name a few.

My Drawings
Old 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Big Foot cars... Rally Dakar... ATV Motorcycle.... Oil rig (offshore type or Land)... sea horse... .... .... .... Oookey, i'll shut up now.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.63 GB
The Mako

Hay Aaron.. You've got mail.
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-rah-66c-mako.jpg  

Stefan Wulph
Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Cool. Got any build pics?

I'll never stop designing airplanes, I just want to expand the market a little.

The only problem with Monster trucks is they're usually copyrighted out the yin-yang. I'd have to do a basic base model, and let the builder draw on their own graphics (I'd have to do Grave Digger, my favorite Monster truck).
Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.63 GB
RAH-66C Mako Pictures

Sure do, Murphy.
Finished the build before I sent the files this time and jsut as well. I had to edit some of the parts to be correct.. Oh well
Also I'll be posting a build sequence for the RAH-66 Fenestron.

Now for Chris and the RAH-66C:
In response to the several attacks on USCG aircraft by drug smugglers. The Admiralty of the USCG had decided to to increase the firepower and stealthiness of it's helicopter and interdiction forces.
Several other choices looked at were AH-1Z, AH-64N or AH-56Z but these were deemed to large and maintenance intensive so the RAH-66N was picked and re-designated RAH-66C Mako.
The Mako is simulaery armed as it's Barracuda cousin but instead of the 3 barrel XM301 Gatling Gun with M242 Bushmaster with enhanced optical control system for Sniping mode.
The First Mako , named PhishPheeder, along with 2 others have been test deployed aboard the USCG H. G. Hamlet. The newest USCG ship of the Killer Whale Class, an Ex US Navy Ticonderoga Aegis class crusier.
Already this and it's mates are credited with several high profile intercepts.
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-dsci1626.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1630.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1631.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1632.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1633.jpg  

Upcoming models-dsci1634.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1636.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1638.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1635.jpg   Upcoming models-dsci1639.jpg  

Upcoming models-shark2.gif  

Stefan Wulph
Old 03-17-2012, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
I like these repaints, very cool!

Niki
Old 03-17-2012, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Aaron, another class of overlooked aircraft is those which were deployed from submarines, including as far back as WW1.

That example, is the Martin Kitten. A very small biplane, which had the ailerons at the very wingtips.
Similarly, I don't think the WW2 Arado 231 has been modelled, although the Bachstelze rotary kite which replaced it has been.

The Japanese Seiran of the Sen-toku Class is of course familiar and has often been modelled.

But the collapsible spotter plane carried by Surcouf is less well known, as is the successor to the Martin Kitten, which successor was carried by the X2, aka M2 sister ship of the M1 sub discussed elsewhere.

Those are a few of suggestions which might also find favour with you, Aaron, as they are again unique and unusual aircraft, and not often previously modelled if ever.

Kind and Respectful Regards Aaron my friend, Uyraell.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMWulph View Post
Sure do, Murphy.
Finished the build before I sent the files this time and jsut as well. I had to edit some of the parts to be correct.. Oh well
Also I'll be posting a build sequence for the RAH-66 Fenestron.

Now for Chris and the RAH-66C:
In response to the several attacks on USCG aircraft by drug smugglers. The Admiralty of the USCG had decided to to increase the firepower and stealthiness of it's helicopter and interdiction forces.
Several other choices looked at were AH-1Z, AH-64N or AH-56Z but these were deemed to large and maintenance intensive so the RAH-66N was picked and re-designated RAH-66C Mako.
The Mako is simulaery armed as it's Barracuda cousin but instead of the 3 barrel XM301 Gatling Gun with M242 Bushmaster with enhanced optical control system for Sniping mode.
The First Mako , named PhishPheeder, along with 2 others have been test deployed aboard the USCG H. G. Hamlet. The newest USCG ship of the Killer Whale Class, an Ex US Navy Ticonderoga Aegis class crusier.
Already this and it's mates are credited with several high profile intercepts.
Looks great Stefan!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Could you imagine if the Coast guard sent a Mako or two out to Somalia? Those pirates wouldn't know what hit them.

I've decided for my second armored model (After the half track) will be this funky duck:

Upcoming models-sbarv02.jpg

Otherwise known as a BARV (Say it fast for a quick giggle), or Beach Armored Recovery Vehicle. Used to tow unlucky tanks and landing craft off of Normandy Beach during D-Day.