PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.39 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanShort
Aaron,

Email inbound with data and links.

Ryan
Old 03-18-2012, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
You could get drafted too, or meet your Mom and she would instantly think there was something special about you, then there's the whole Flux-Capacitor thing, and all the sequels. I'd forget where put the planes too. I might come back with Theresa Wright or Lauren Bacall, screw the planes!!
It'd be just after WWII, when they didn't think they needed the army any more. And in 1946 mom was 3, so not much danger there.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 AM

Got some more work done on the BARV:
Upcoming models-barv.jpg

Just in case people think I'm making this up:
Upcoming models-3770632964_6f65c3d732_z.jpg

Upcoming models-iwm-h-35624-sherman-barv-london-19440208.jpg
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM

I'm also working on the Unnamed Junkers Ground Attack plane, which I'm gonna name the Junkers EF-129 Vorschlaghammer (I found a forum where somebody mentioned they found it in a reference manual between the EF-128 and the EF-130, and I think it has a sledgehammery look to it).

A distant cousin to the A-10.
Upcoming models-new-plane.jpg
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Or the A10's grandparent. Though admittedly, when the A10 was being designed, those doing so openly referred to the Ilyushin Il2M3 and Il10 Sturmovik as being one of the parents of the A10.

There is a further irony in the A9 A10 saga. Though few have since remarked upon it, there is a huge resemblance between the early Sukhoi 25 Frogfoot and the Fairchild A9 which lost out to the Republic A10 Thunderbolt II in the USAF competition for the contract. Not only that, but in combat action, the Su 25 has suffered from exactly the predicted counterfire the strike damage that was the main reason for the A10 being chosen over the A9.

I wish you every success with your new Turboshclagetter, Aaron my friend, and look forward to seeing it evolve.

Also, I like the fine work you have so far completed on the Sherman BARV. That hull looks superb! The running gear does you as great a credit.

Kind and Respectful Regards Aaron my friend, Uyraell.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
That EF-129 looks cool! For design inspiration, how about some more Luft-46 aircraft? Any further progress on the AW609?

And I just saw the Proteus is up on Ecardmodels, nice! Think that just jumped up the build queue.

Niki
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 AM

I don't know what progress I'm gonna make. Sales this month have been bad, and it doesn't look like I'm gonna have enough for rent on the 28th. Which means I'll have to put everything in storage while I go back to fighting to just stay alive.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.71 MB
That EF129 does look a lot like Fairchilds failed attempt to win a contract for a trainer for the Air Force. The T-46 Eaglet.
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-t-46fly.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 05:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Have a look at the Fairchild AX 9 aka A9.
Perhaps then have a look at the early Su 25 Frogfoot. The two are very close cousins in design terms.

The T46 Eaglet is very nearly the same design generation (tho slightly earlier, iIrc) and the A9 is in effect a scaled-up T46 Eaglet.
Meanwhile, the T46 Eaglet itself was a Fairchild attempt at a trainer of similar size and range to the Saab 105.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I don't know what progress I'm gonna make. Sales this month have been bad, and it doesn't look like I'm gonna have enough for rent on the 28th. Which means I'll have to put everything in storage while I go back to fighting to just stay alive.
You can't make a living off of paper models. Better get off of this stuff for a while, before you find yourself homeless. Models take a long time to make. You must be spending all day doing these models. Spend those many hours securing your future. These are just paper models. Not worth losing time over, a home over, or becoming homeless. With all the models you have put up, more than I've seen from just about anyone, stop, go look for a job that will give you security, or save your pennies and move someplace that has work. I think this is a real dead end road. It's fun, if you have everything else together. I have far too much going on to build hardly any of these, and what I do design, because the time is so short, I feel no inclination to bother to release. Not enough time Aaron, your life is going to blow right by you and then you will be stock. Gotta make that next egg so when your old, you have something.

All these people are asking for models of this that that, forget all this for a while, get a job,get on your feet, and do this as a hobby. If it pays for a computer, great, it won't pay the rent though, and won't secure a future. Just throw a paper model into a bucket of water, and then you get an idea of the illusion. Same with plastic. Just illusions. Just toys. No money here.

If someone feels different, ask them to pay for your rent and bills, and a 401K.