PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
That's what I though, because you can see it through the skin. The overall shape is off because of the way the skin is formed. Did you take a look at the file I attached? I forgot what version of Rhino you have. I could save to any version.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I had a look, but couldn't make any sense of it. I'm still too inexperienced at Rhino.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

O.K. Between these ready made parts and formers, you should have the ability to make the bulk of the fuselage, or work off of. I think this is at 1/32nd scale. You could change that east enough. I attached a new file for reference and in case you wanted to change the scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-a1.jpg   Upcoming models-a2.jpg   Upcoming models-a3.jpg   Upcoming models-a4.jpg   Upcoming models-a5.jpg  

Upcoming models-b1.jpg   Upcoming models-b2.jpg   Upcoming models-b3.jpg   Upcoming models-position.jpg  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Banned

2nd part. Use the sheets with the lines as a guide to make a spar and space the formers. The perspective shot names the parts by location in Red, and by orientation in Green Blue and the end caps are in chartreuse. That should spell it out. Sometimes a pictures says a 1000 words, sometimes they write a book.
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-align1.jpg   Upcoming models-align2.jpg   Upcoming models-f1.jpg   Upcoming models-f2.jpg   Upcoming models-fcenter.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: zip Pan2.zip (375.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Nothing wrong with a *little* double curvature - the old burnisher takes care of stretching the paper as needed. Any way to design with the required burnishing accounted for in the parts (as in, can you work with a preset tolerance established that would allow the d-curvature within what the paper medium allows?) Sometimes, when a part is designed for only a one-axis curvature, then applying 2-axis curvature through 'burnishing' results in distortion and poor fit at the seams (the nose & tail 'caps' on the Mercator are case-in-point; I can get them to adopt a nice compound curvature but then gluing them on results in some of that being lost while man-handling the seams to meet...)

Does that make sense?

BTW, sorry for not posting the Merc pix yet, I ran out of time yesterday (and may run out today also... but it is Friday, so I can stay up a bit later...)
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeach84 View Post
Nothing wrong with a *little* double curvature - the old burnisher takes care of stretching the paper as needed. Any way to design with the required burnishing accounted for in the parts (as in, can you work with a preset tolerance established that would allow the d-curvature within what the paper medium allows?) Sometimes, when a part is designed for only a one-axis curvature, then applying 2-axis curvature through 'burnishing' results in distortion and poor fit at the seams (the nose & tail 'caps' on the Mercator are case-in-point; I can get them to adopt a nice compound curvature but then gluing them on results in some of that being lost while man-handling the seams to meet...)

Does that make sense?

BTW, sorry for not posting the Merc pix yet, I ran out of time yesterday (and may run out today also... but it is Friday, so I can stay up a bit later...)
It's "Doubly Formed Curves" in the sense of how the software works, and unfolding, not in building the model, which is a different issue, and yes, I agree with that, there is nothing wrong with a doubly formed curve. I can't wait and hope, someday someone will make a paper that can do that.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 AM

I made some tweaks to the Mercator:

-Added a wing spar with cutouts for the gear wells.
-Shrunk the gear wells by 3%
-Deleted the wing center section so the wings butt up to the fuselage rather than going through (The wing spar goes through though)

As soon as I can get to a computer that'll allow me to send large files, I'll get you the new files.

Also sending in the Agusta MH-68A (US Coast Guard version of the A109) to ecardmodels.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Wink

Weel I continue my test in Mercator, but you make good modifications Aaron

Really is absolutely necessary make cutouts for undercarriage...

Top wing..

Central section of fuse...

With wings...

I made at this moment the nose...
Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM

Let me send you the new files. The nose has been changed drastically.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Murphyaa if you will PM your e-mail to me I got some good pics of the V-173 Pancake to share with you ,think you can use them!....Rich

Upcoming models-100_2813.jpg

Upcoming models-100_2829.jpg

Upcoming models-100_2836.jpg