PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I'm gonna be real busy for the next couple days getting ready to start truck driving school, but I should be able to get it out on friday. i've swapped emails with stewart, and we're working out a deal so I can use the Spruce Goose name with permission, and maybe get my model dvd's into their giftshop.
Woohoo Aaron, take a break from models for a bit, focus all your effort on your future, (most of us have a monster backlog of OBP models to build!)

Regards

Niki
Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Nice Aaron, best wishes my friend!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
Thanks for the update Aaron. I will be looking forward to getting them.

Hope your schooling goes well.

Thanks again.
Frank.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Aaron:
It's a Small world after all, wonderfull, wonderfull, WOW
Good Luck with trucking School,
MILES
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbailey View Post
Aaron-
This post was brought to my attention by another member, and I want to start by congratulating you on your efforts to produce the Spruce Goose model in such a large scale!

Despite impressions, Evergreen is not out to stomp on the hobbyist, and the main point of the museum holding the trade mark to the name "Spruce Goose" is to keep large operations like Mattel or Hasbro (trademarked names) from doing a Spruce Goose toy and selling them to every Toys R' Us (another trademarked name) on the planet without talking to us first. In most cases, if it's something good, we're going to want it for our gift shop, too!

Along that line, I would like to talk with you off line, about the possiblity of perhaps swapping some CDs of the model that we could sell in the gift shop in exchange for the permission to use the Spruce Goose name. This could possibly lead to sales of models of others of the 133 different aircraft in our collection. You can contact me at stewart.bailey(at)sprucegoose.org.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to talking with you!

All the best,

Stewart W. Bailey
Curator
Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum

P.S. Just FYI, I am a modeler too... mostly plastic but I do make paper models of my other passion; Civil War Ironclads. So I know where you are coming from...
Stewart, your comments are most refreshing especially given the last few years and the whole 'licensing' fight' that has indeed, as you put it so well, 'stomped' the modeling hobbyists (most are aware of NASCAR's success in eradicating their cars from the plastic kit arena.)

From a practical standpoint, fees and other types of trademark services should be appropriate to their application - especially, fees should address possible 'revenue streams' without negatively impacting said revenue. This is assuming the goal is NOT to kill that 'stream', of course!

You are looking at this from a collaborative perspective and are to be commended for taking such a reasonable stand. Such collaboration can have wide-ranging import with benefit to both the enthusiast and the 'industry', even allowing for the occassional 'whack-a-doodle' (one my wife's favorite terms.) It just seems to take a little clear, honest communication to get the ball rolling.

The lack of universal appreciation for this concept makes you a somewhat rare member of your profession, in that you are actually proposing such collaboration. I appreciate how museum staff, who generally like what they do and enjoy sharing with the public, can become somewhat jaded when some visitors who are difficult and frankly of the (please pardon my harsh language) 'stupid tourist' variety and do not appreciate *why* they cannot sit in the cockpit of a 50 year old airplane. (Brings to mind a "good story" relayed to me by a NMUSAF staffer I should share with you...about why they stopped doing 'open cockpit' events.) Thankfully, most visitors, however, do cherish the experience and are careful and considerate of the exhibits. Often too, there are enough 'old aviator types' mixed in to help informally educate even the sincere but ignorant...again, a 'team effort'.

Thank you again for joining our "little" group - I hope you will find it to be as great a bunch of folks as I.

Side note: I have been hoping to construct a 1:48 Goose model ever since I saw her in the 'Dome' in San Diego. Truly captures the imagination. Of course, I probably need a scale "Dome" to store/ display it in...
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Heres the completed Henschel P.135. Purty aint she
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-p4180203.jpg   Upcoming models-p4180206.jpg   Upcoming models-p4180207.jpg   Upcoming models-p4180208.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I'm gonna be real busy for the next couple days getting ready to start truck driving school, but I should be able to get it out on friday. i've swapped emails with stewart, and we're working out a deal so I can use the Spruce Goose name with permission, and maybe get my model dvd's into their giftshop.
Congrats Aaron!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Aaron, Hearty Congratulations on the Truck Driving School, and well done on the Spruce Goose negotiations.

Please keep us updated on both topics.

Kind and Respectful Regards Aaron my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder81777 View Post
Here's the completed Henschel P.135. Purty ain't she
Your Hs. P.135 has turned out mighty well, Sidewinder81777 my friend.
And yes: you're right, she is a pretty aircraft to look at.

In fact, I'm now wondering what the Hs. P.135, BV. Ae. P.607, and the Lippisch P.12 would look like arraigned alongside each other. It certainly makes for an interesting mental image.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
We'll have to find out. I'm on a luft 46 kick. I start truck school on monday, and go 4 hours a day until october. so I still have time to design. I don't start making money until october either.