PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 09-07-2018, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Just saw this..
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-8884009b-4a4b-41a5-95cf-d309ca367340.jpg  
Old 09-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by croden View Post
Just saw this..
nice they fly out of auckland airport
\
Old 09-07-2018, 06:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I got to fuel a Condor 767 today.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:02 AM

I think I'm gonna throw in the towel. I put my heart and soul into designing models, and nobody is buying them anymore. Every where I look are build threads of S&P versions of models I've had available for months, that nobody bought. I release models, and only see 1 or 2 sales. Hell, I've got 12 models waiting for beta build, and nobody to build them.

I just don't have the heart for it anymore. I designed models because I thought people enjoyed them, but it looks like I've been replaced, and it's time to bow out.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I'm currently building recolor of P-36 Hawk and have another 4 of your models printed and ready to build (not to mention a bunch ready for printing).I'm busy on this end and I wish I could find more time to build.

What I think you need is more exposure.This site and ecards are the only two places I have seen your designs.It's impossible to buy your model for a customer who don't know you exist.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I think I'm gonna throw in the towel. I put my heart and soul into designing models, and nobody is buying them anymore. Every where I look are build threads of S&P versions of models I've had available for months, that nobody bought. I release models, and only see 1 or 2 sales. Hell, I've got 12 models waiting for beta build, and nobody to build them.

I just don't have the heart for it anymore. I designed models because I thought people enjoyed them, but it looks like I've been replaced, and it's time to bow out.
I sure hope you don't quit, Aaron. As I think you know, I've tried to support your efforts. You, in turn, have filled my computer with lots of previously unavailable NACA and NASA boids!

I honestly don't get the 1/100-1/300 craze, but everyone does their own thing.

Les (The Voices of Authority)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
Just my two cents but give people planes that have unique paint schemes.
Planes that are recognizable. Maybe get into a series of X-15s or F-16s and so on.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:

I am so very sorry to hear this my friend. I have to agree with much of what you have to say. It seems no one enjoys working with their hands anymore. Everything is video games and endless watching of BoobTube.

Also because our society is driven by how little you have to pay for anything everyone just gets the free / cheap stuff.

That said I do hope you finish your P-36 series. I have quite a few of your kits on my "build someday" list. I WILL get to them. I really enjoy what you, Nobi and Roman produce.

It will be a shame to this hobby when we have lost those such as yourself....
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 09-13-2018, 12:59 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:

Are you going to close your web page and selling of your models?
That would be a pity but understandable.

What date to establish for closing?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:24 PM

I'm not gonna actively close the site. If I get any more recolors from people, I'll put them up, but unless I have a major change of heart, I'm not gonna do any new designs. The website payment comes out of my PayPal account, so as long as it's self-sustaining, the site will stay up. Once PayPal dries up and the monthly payment isn't made, it'll close down on its own.