PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 09-14-2018, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Bruno, your work and Aaron's cater for and have appeal to two different markets. You have nothing to apologize for. I doubt anyone sees you as the 'McDonalds' of paper model design that just crushes all opposition.

Aaron, fingers crossed for you mate. I hope your site stays afloat and sales of your existing work is on the up.
I 100% agree here.Apples and oranges.Both sweet in their own way and not really comparable.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Aarons designs,some more than others (like commissions) but still.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
I was taken by surprise with this news Aaron.
I do not think we can choose what people like about what to build. The surge of the 1/100 models has several reasons. I am one of the pioneers in scale, I started building my collection in 2006 and 70% of it is made up of their designs. Obviously I can not tell you why A or B or C prefer editor Y or X, now I can tell you that in the case of Scissors and Planes Templates, they follow a completely different editorial line than yours. They are model that apparently are simple to assemble because they are made to be built in a day. In general they are easily modified and repainted because they are vectors. And Bruno with his speed can meet a wide spectrum of different users. Why their models have different themes and subjects. He listens more to people's issues and makes models without commissioning. Like I said is another way of thinking. And most importantly the models are already on the scale. I particularly find their models spectacular, but they take time to assemble because of complexity, the O / 400 is an example. I think it's a shame that you look at it as a competition. For the 1/100 scale is a phenomenon. Nobi is a designer who saw these potentialities, today Chatchai is inactive due to personal problems, but his latest releases in the 1/72 scale are a reflection of this perception. I find something else still on scale. The reality of modellers changes from country to country, and I do not think price is the main cause of the demand for a model or not. If I mounted all the models I've ever done of Oddball / Murph's Models in their original scales, I would not have to live anywhere else. Many people like me have space limitations. I still hope to build the P-36 and SM-1 as soon as I finish doing the O / 400. I honestly think you should rethink that position, at least as a hobby, because I honestly do not think any e-paper publisher has this as a way of life. That is my opinion.

Best regards my friend!
Old 09-14-2018, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.63 GB
Hi Murphy
You will always get my continued support by Pateron, donations and sales.
So set aside your ruler pen and designs for now and take a break. We will be here when you return.

*He gives a knowing smile* and you will return with even more ideas.

Stefan Wulph
Old 09-14-2018, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Yeah, take a break and reflect on your management of time and finances and you’ll be on your feet sooner than you think.

Papermate
Old 09-14-2018, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 669.56 MB
I’m just your customer but Papermate left a lot of wisdom in his posts on this thread. I’d go back and review them—I get a lot out of them myself.
Jon
Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Hi Jon, as a retiree myself, I'm no wiser than you and many others. I have been through a lot of ups and downs and seen many aspects of life and sufferings. But I'm not as bold as Dave to hit the nail on the head cos' it does hurt somebody's feelings (unless you do know him/her pretty well).

We have a saying in Chinese 長貧難顧 meaning something like "It's impossible to subsidize poverty-stricken friends/relatives in the long term". The saying is to point out that poverty is not a crime but lending a hand is a temporary measure with the hope of getting the one you help to be on his/her feet again. If he/she fails or refuses to get himself/herself up, the help will become meaningless. That's to say (to the one being helped), you've got to work hard, discipline and love yourself and not to give up.

Honestly, to say you're a pure hobbyist who doesn't care about money is hypocritical as all of us want to make some money here and there. However, relying solely on that particular hobby with a hope to earning a decent living is just fantasy and a dream. A hobby is supplementary to real life that may not spare you the time and resources to indulge in it.

Papermate
Old 09-15-2018, 01:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
The big planes don't start coming in until the winter months. This one has 16 main landing wheels, 2 nose wheels, and taxis with a cockney accent.
Blimey, what accent do the crew adopt when they are airborne?

I know the subject matter has moved on a bit in this thread, but I hope you will all permit me an interjection.

murphyaa, your photo a little further on in the thread from the quote above shows a British Airways 747-400. I noticed the rather bare-looking hills in the photo background, and knowing the BA 747 does the London to Phoenix schedule I compared the photo with Google Earth. Bingo, that photo was taken at the north-eastern corner of Phoenix Sky Harbor International, facing north-east! So Sky Harbor is where you work refuelling aircraft?

A bit off-subject again, I know, but it is perhaps worth remembering that BA is not likely to have many Cockney pilots. I think you probably meant 'British accent'? The term Cockney is traditionally associated with a small and specific area of London, and folk who were 'born within the sound of Bow bells'. The bells referred to are those of Saint Mary-le-Bow church, which is situated on the eastern side of central London. However, Cockney is now more commonly associated with inhabitants of London's East-end, or even all working class Londoners.

I'll end there and allow the thread to run it's normal course ......
Old 09-15-2018, 04:48 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Bernoullis, Actually we learned a lot from your "interjection", both about your "Cockney" definition and using Google Earth.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernoullis View Post
Blimey, what accent do the crew adopt when they are airborne?

I know the subject matter has moved on a bit in this thread, but I hope you will all permit me an interjection.

murphyaa, your photo a little further on in the thread from the quote above shows a British Airways 747-400. I noticed the rather bare-looking hills in the photo background, and knowing the BA 747 does the London to Phoenix schedule I compared the photo with Google Earth. Bingo, that photo was taken at the north-eastern corner of Phoenix Sky Harbor International, facing north-east! So Sky Harbor is where you work refuelling aircraft?

A bit off-subject again, I know, but it is perhaps worth remembering that BA is not likely to have many Cockney pilots. I think you probably meant 'British accent'? The term Cockney is traditionally associated with a small and specific area of London, and folk who were 'born within the sound of Bow bells'. The bells referred to are those of Saint Mary-le-Bow church, which is situated on the eastern side of central London. However, Cockney is now more commonly associated with inhabitants of London's East-end, or even all working class Londoners.

I'll end there and allow the thread to run it's normal course ......
If you want to get more specific, it was taken at gate B-27 of Terminal 4
Old 09-15-2018, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 879.73 MB
Murph: I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your models! I will do more to support your site because us paper modelers need you! In fact, I just finished your "Judy" today while waiting out hurricane "Florence." Here is a picture . . . I scaled it to 1/48 because I am running out of space to store models.

Best wishes.
Hank
Attached Thumbnails
Upcoming models-judy.jpg