PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 07-04-2015, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Man talk about brain fart
Old 07-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
found this....

My Drawings
Old 07-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB

My Drawings
Old 07-05-2015, 06:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I've heard rumors of a 4 rotor Osprey (or did I see one in a movie? maybe).
Old 10-08-2015, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.20 GB
Belyaev DB-LK

In 1940 in the USSR it was built and tested a long-range tailless bomber, aircraft designed by professor V.N.Belyaev.
It was created on the basis of earlier Belyaev's studies a with tailless gliders BP-2 and BP-3. But DB-LK had two fuselages,
a kind of elongated engine nacelles and ends with transparent swivel rings.
This design of the fuselage forced the designer to leave the already proven two-keel scheme and to make central vertical tail.
Larger vertical tail area (7m) was mounted on the rear of the center section, horizontal tail area was mounted high for the trailing edge of center.
Its "butterfly" wing area of 56.87 sq .m was strongly expressed reverse sweep. Wing loading of the plane DB-LK was up to 160 kg / m, it needed for mechanization of the wing.
To balance the diving moment of landing flaps along the trailing edge, Belyaev applied cental-rotational horizontal tail mounted on top of the keel.
Additional longitudinal balancing aircraft was made by deviation of the center section of the wing (front flaps) and hang both ailerons.
To optimize the performance of lateral control at high angles of attack in front of the ailerons slats were located.
Furthermore, ending the wing was pulled back by 30 degrees and carried a small additional ailerons.
A two-wheeled chassis is retractable in-flight turn back into a special fuselage, nacelles.
The crew of an unusual aircraft, known as DB-LK (long-range bomber [in Russian Dalniy Bombardirovschik] - flying wing [Letayuschee Krulo]), consisted of four people.
In the left fuselage placed the pilot and gunner, in the right - the navigator and gunner. Cockpit glass was shifted slightly to the left in order to improve visibility when landing. Each shooter ran the machine gun in the rings-links of its fuselage. In addition to the four tail machine guns in the center section has been found two machine guns, deviates from the axis of the aircraft to 10 °.
On the inside of the suspension in the fuselage could accommodate four bombs 250 kg or up to 58 small bombs (full weigh 1 ton).
The overloaded version DB-LK raised with the external load up to 2 tons of bombs.
Takeoff weight bomber with a normal load slightly exceeded 9 thousand kg, overloaded version reached 10670 kg.
The first prototype of the DB-LK had two engines M-87B (950HP) (later presumed to replace them by M-88).
During test flights by M.A.Nyuhtikov the new bomber showed the speed near the earth 395 km / h, on 5100 meters high - 480 km / h.
Landing speed - 150 km / h, the ceiling - 8500 m. Range with 1 ton bombs -1270 Km, with the same maximum combat load - 2900 km.
The original scheme of DB-LK had a number of advantages. With the same engine as in the same weight and size of the serial bomber IL-4,
the new aircraft showed the speed of 45 km / h more.
However, serial production was not accepted, as tests have shown that:
1) Bad cockpit visibitily that involved bad aiming;
2) Reverse sweep caused additional travel instability and forced to increase the area of the vertical stabilizer;
3) Landing gear mechanization led to the installation on a plane surface for further longitudinal balance the aircraft on takeoff and landing;
4) High speed was obtained by increasing the load on the wing (or landing speed was at 20-30 km / h higher than that of the other aircrafts of those time).

Designers have proposed to eliminate the disadvantages. V.N.Belyaev's team developed a modification a DB-LK, but the build of a second prototype failed.
The war forced to stop all works and to focus on modifications of approved aircrafts.

(This is slightly edited Google-translation from Áåëÿåâ ÄÁ-ËÊ)
Attached Thumbnails
Model suggestion thread-dblk-7.jpg   Model suggestion thread-unnamed.jpg   Model suggestion thread-unnamed2.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2015, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Do you do fantasy aircraft? The Berg from the Scorch Trials movie might be a cool subject. Of course, I'm having trouble locating pictures, and without a 3-view modelling it might be hard, but here's a small sample:

Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 10-13-2015, 03:08 AM

I tend to shy away from Hollywood stuff. Especially if I never saw the movie.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
I was wandering if you are interested into spacecraft....
Because I think both US and USSR Space Shuttles are rather cool. I cannot find any digital space shuttle models with landing gear and other details.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:23 AM

I know there are models of both the Buran and every Space Shuttle out there. Most are geared more for being on the stack, so I dunno about landing gear.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
How about the Buran BTS-02 analog? Equipped with jet engines for flight testing. You KNOW I'd be in for one!

Les (The Voice of Authority -- VoiceofAuthority.net - The Voice Stylings of Les Dorr, Jr.)
Attached Thumbnails
Model suggestion thread-buran.jpg  
Google Adsense