PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 10-27-2017, 11:30 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
I insist, it is not disrespectful. It is legal and just fair competition. We still live in under a free market economy. And in case you ignore it and as far as I know, Herr Wolter is not a designer. I might be wrong but I am almost sure. And if anyone mentions another brand, it might mean business!! Legal, not pirated business. A modeler might purchase WHM Albatross and also the future Murphs version. I know of several modelers having several Mustangs of several brands. Also in plastic, they can buy Revell's Mustang, Airfix, Hasegawa, etc.. No harm done.
You might not see it as disrespectful, but you do it in every thread a designer talks about their designs, it doesn't add any value to the overall thread.

And I know that Sigfried Wolter is a not a designer, he is a publisher, and I doubt that Revell wouldn't like someone to talk about Airfix on their site, just as much as a designer or publisher would like to hear about other competitors in their thread, just try to be respectful of that fact.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-13-2021, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I wanna try something. I want to run another repaint contest that is open to everybody. I'd like to use a plane/vehicle that is simpler, without a lot of bumps and curves to have to line up graphics on, but that also has tons of paint schemes. I thought of possibly a simple box truck, that could be everything from an ambulance to a U-Haul truck, and everything in between. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Requirements:
- Model needs to be as few pages as possible, so not very complicated.
- Model subject needs to be relatively simple, without a lot of curves or add-ons that would require lining up graphics.
- Needs to have a lot of possibilities for paint schemes.
-Doesn't need to be an airplane.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Aaron:
How about an 18 wheeler I want one in canon ball exdpress?
Enjoy,
Miles
Old 07-13-2021, 10:47 AM

Hmm. That's an idea. I need to replace my Werner Freightliner model anyway (it wasn't paper)
Old 07-13-2021, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
A semi trailer would be a good suggestion, between the intermodal crowd and OTR guys there's plenty of options for people to try their hand at.

The ultimate simple model would be a shipping container... 20, 40, 45, 48, 53, and 57-foot (I think) varieties are out there.

I have seen several former ambulances (box-on-Ford-F350-chassis type) used for private businesses, think "plumbing emergencies our specialty", landscapers, etc.

Tour and charter busses come to mind, as do custom motor homes and RVs. (maybe not too much interest, I'm just typing what the random brain cells fire off)

Back to shipping containers: Many of them have been turned into mobile offices, storage units, and even homes. (The home variant perhaps wouldn't quite lend itself to a recolor, though.)

Sprinter-type delivery vans might be an option.

Be interesting to see what comes up and how they get recolored!
Old 07-13-2021, 11:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Heh-

Somewhere I have (almost) generic rear, side and front views of a Gillig low-floor shuttle bus that I drew up when I redid the pre-trip inspection sheets for work (Avis car rental at the airport).

I'll pass those along to you if you want to rework them them (and if I can find them), there is apparently a large transit modeling community.
Old 07-16-2021, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 229.76 MB
Sounds cool! What about a fire truck? Some of them are pretty boxy and there are all kinds of different paint schemes.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblf49 View Post
I vote for the recently mentioned (Kettering Aerial Torpedo (Bug)) Kettering Bug.

I think Aaron has published this model
Old 09-20-2021, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Can I suggest some Star Wars models that I'd like to see made.

TIE Fighter variants - there's a lot of the ships from the movies but rarely do we see any from the expanded universe.

Star Destroyer variants - as per TIE Fighters, some of the expanded universe star destroyers would be great to see

Auxiliary Ships - I see a lot of brilliant auxiliary ship designs by Fractalsponge (e.g. Altor replenishment ship), and I'd love to have some of those supporting the fleet of star destroyers in a diorama.

I will probably have to bite the bullet and design some myself but anyone know of any of these out there already?

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 09-20-2021, 01:05 PM

The problem with Star Wars ships is they are owned by a company with an entire kennel of rabid lawyers ready to bite anybody who even thinks of trying to profit off of something they own. And if I can't sell a model, it has to really spark an interest in me to devote time and energy to designing and building it. I've already done the one Star Wars ship that I fell in love with.