PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > MurphyAA's projects

Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
How about adding a statement to the banner on the front page next to where it reads
Good Looking yet
Easy to build
3D Card Models

Something like
These Are Digital Downloads
Not Pre-printed or Already Built models

Then add something like a check box as one of the final steps of checking out with the statement that the buyer understands that the models are digital downloads that need to be printed by the buyer before they can be built. No refunds after downloading the file.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Sounds good. I particularly like the suggestion of the check box and the no refunds after downloading the file statement.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Murph, you might try a picture of a printed out but not built model on your home page. Just a fan spread of a printed out model would show that the buyer is getting several pages of graphic files. This would hopefully put the subliminal idea that the buyer is purchasing graphic files, not completely built models. A quick look through your web site never shows the raw product, just the finished models. I can see where someone not in our community might get confused.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Hmm. I guess like FG does. Non clickable images of the model pages. That'll give me a project for the next few years. Only 480+ models to do.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I need some suggestions. Every day I get emails from people asking how long it would take to ship a model to them, and today I had to issue a hefty refund because somebody bought a couple models, then got mad because I don't ship physical models.

How can I put it on my website in plain English that what people are buying are downloadable digital files, not physical models? I thought I had it covered with a statement on the front page, and a more detailed explanation in a FAQ, but obviously I used too many syllables or something.

I could start shipping models, but that would seriously increase the price. I'd have to find somebody to build the model, pay them, cover cost of materials, and shipping from wherever they are. I could see a simple $5 digital model increase upwards of $30 to $50 depending on location of the builder. My build skills are nowhere near sellable.
Sir,

I am afraid the only solution to your problem is to go to every school in 'Muricah and teach readin', writin' & 'rithmatic..,

Thank you and good luck

MS
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
On other hand you can offer sale of printed models (not build) for some outrageous price+shipping.Might as well make some money of idiots.It works well with many,many businesses.

I did encounter men ,not boys, unable to properly use basic tools like hammer and screwdriver.Is average IQ dropping of "education" system blows big time?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I thought about offering printed models, but I'd need to design cover sheets, find somewhere to professionally print them, package them, then mail them in a way that they'll arrive in usable condition. Not sure if it would be worth the effort.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Digital check box

Yep, it seems pretty obvious to me that you are selling digital downloads for us to print ourselves, but I guess in our international commerce, english as a second or third or marginal language, it might be missed by some who love the pictures they see.

Is that why Ecardmodels has a check box with "Digital Download - Please indicate quantity (1)" that you have to click before you can get to the payment page? Don't know if that is an easy addition on your system, but it might be worth checking with Chris if that addresses the problem.

Keep up the great work, and do not start selling printed kits IMHO!

Regards,
John
Old 06-12-2018, 02:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
I did encounter men ,not boys, unable to properly use basic tools like hammer and screwdriver.Is average IQ dropping of "education" system blows big time?
That education starts at home. Not in school. Same for cooking, housework, model building, mushroom hunting, duck hunting, knitting, and READING. Notice the frequent question, "How many books have you read this year?" The question used to be, "How many books have you read this week."
Old 06-12-2018, 03:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
That education starts at home. Not in school. Same for cooking, housework, model building, mushroom hunting, duck hunting, knitting, and READING. Notice the frequent question, "How many books have you read this year?" The question used to be, "How many books have you read this week."
What he said

MS
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense