PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Museums, Air Shows, Events, Get Togethers

Old 10-01-2010, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Museum of Childhood London

I've spent the last two days at the museum setting up the models as part of their cardmodel exhibition.

I also spoke to the people about a separate one day show. They have agreed to lend us one of their bigger rooms for a Sunday in November. It could be the second or third Sunday - I will confirm it later.

So, we have the space we have the tables and we almost have a date ! all we need now is MODELS!

Some of you have already shown interest, so if you can make it please send me a private message with your email address. It will be easier to send stuff direct. I hope to have a few photos next week of the final set up of the exhibition.

I look forward to hearing from as many builders as possible ;-))

Cheers
Mike
Google Adsense
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Count me in Mike!

PM on it's way.

Tim
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 AM

Location: Skype: Chaiwat Kosatanakom Bkk, Thailand, RTAF air base
Total Downloaded: 0
You can download my models and use them as same as Royal Thai Air Force museum is working.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:52 PM

I've just returned from the museum where I was checking that there had been no accidents during the setting up.

I'm pleased to say all was OK.

Here are a few pictures. In one case you will see a few tools, a part made cathedral and Caernerfon Castle. This is "my" bit. Next to the case is a notice mentioning me and giving a few details. (Modesty forbids me from adding a picture) It mentions the name of the church and Castle saying that these were specially made for the exhibition. I am please to note that I managed to squeese in two of the Canon animals. As one of the movers said " I can get away with it at the MoC but if it had been in the V&A he doubted if it would have been possible".

The big case that includes Chambourd has all my models. The "long Gallery" is about half my models the rest belong to the V&A.

The Hampton Court is mine and is part of about 6 individual micromodels with copies of the kit pages above.

Please excuse the lighing, they have kept it low so the colours don't fade !

All the wall space is taken up with many of Bob Fredus' kits and "artfully" place words painted by the museum.

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Museum of Childhood London-img_0055.jpg   Museum of Childhood London-img_0056.jpg   Museum of Childhood London-img_0057.jpg   Museum of Childhood London-img_0058.jpg  
Old 10-06-2010, 03:55 PM

Pictures continued
Attached Thumbnails
Museum of Childhood London-img_0060.jpg   Museum of Childhood London-img_0061.jpg   Museum of Childhood London-img_0062.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-07-2010, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.26 MB
Excellent and clean build of Prague Castle there!
St. Peter's & Vatican - 1:3900 - Micromodels
Old 10-07-2010, 03:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Superb. Excellent idea to show the tools and part assembled model, love the chipmunks too!

How long is on for? I'm down london way in December, probably gone by then I would imagine.

what is the model of in the last photo, looks quite a bit like Rothenburg ab de Tauber in Southern Germany?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Do you mean the long building with the cathedral?

If so that's Prague Castle - to see more of it have a look at Marco's excelent thread on the Castle.

The exhibition is on until 9 January. Theres more info on the Museum's web site.

On the subjuct of Rothenburg, Schreiber have quite a few kits of the town's buildings, including the Pharmacy in the town square, the town hall and more. In the town there is a "christmas shop" and we bought a couple of advent calendars for our kids. It's 24 different building in the town. The problem is that unless you spend all day on the models, you'd never finish them all by Christmas!

Cheers
Mike
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Yes, been to the Xmas shop there, very expensive stuff in there but well presented, the amimatronic gallery as you go in is nice for kids. Lovely town, centre of your model looks like rothenburg. Excellent display.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The exhibition got a bit of press coverage here in Shanghai!

Today (October 8th) Shanghai Daily's homepage featured this Reuters photo and caption to head their world news section.
Quote:
Paper Model
Curator Esther Lutman poses for a photograph with a paper model of St Peter's Square in Rome at the V & A Museum of Childhood in east London yesterday. The model is part of a new exhibition of intricately detailed paper models, including famous landmarks from around the world.
Great work, Mike!

Attached Thumbnails
Museum of Childhood London-shanghai-daily-front-page-20101008.jpg  
Google Adsense